How much does a typical paint job cost?

Yeah lol those prices seem way too cheap to me. Considering the amount of work involved, that would barely be enough to pay a really shitty painter to spray your car. Let alone use any of their shit. My step dad charges 5k+ for a good job, and 8k+ for a "show" paintjob. Bodywork sucks. It is hard for a place to profit, because so many man hours are involved. It is alot more work than you would imagine. Your best bet is to do it yourself, especially if you have friends/good place to work

One of my close friends owns paint and body shop and he won't touch mine for less than $2k for what he would be proud to put his name on. Quality is the hardest thing to get if you aren't willing to pay for it.

2003 Ford F-150 Reg Cab layin body on 26's

2003 Tahoe 3/5 drop on 26's with a 408cid Supercharged engine.

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

2003 Hayabusa lowered, stretched, cams, nitrous and custom paint

That's funny. I would love to see you paint a car in a tent in your yard with rented equipment and see how good it comes out. It takes skill and most of the work is prepping a car.

To the OP. I have painted cars before in a few different shops and for a good re-paint you should expect to pay around $1000. That doesnt include body work, jambs or a color change.

to the OP, it definitely depends on the area you live in. like if there arent many body shops around, than expect to pay more cuz they know you dont have anywhere else to go and they command that area. but I would agree with Anotherguy^ the most. you could possibly get the color change too for a grand if you know the people who work there.

PS- show quality paint jobs usually cost more cuz there are more coats of color, pearl, and/or clear on it. but thats not what you would want as a daily driver anyway. the more clearcoats they put on the thing, the more of a chance it has to crack and chip.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

x2 on the get what you pay for. you can do single stage if the color dosent have flake or metallic paint. if you want a custom color i recommend going with a 2 stage. depending on where u live in cali your looking at $3k +

I Rock 4 Doors 4 More Whores!

SMD SUPER SELLER

my seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-mama-feedback/

more seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-slaps-yo-mama/

If you want to save money you could prep it yourself. Although, a good paint job requires good prep work. If you're gonna try to find the cheapest price you may be better off prepping it yourself because they most likely won't do much prep work at all.

2002 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi

Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Alpine SPX-17REF 6.5" components (active)

Sundown SAX-50.4

Sundown z15 (3 cubes @ 35 hz)

Sundown SAX-1200D

2006 Buick Rainier CXL AWD V8

Stock Bose system

12" Alpine Type E in aeroported box

Profile AP1000M

dont do it yourself unless you have paint experience its so easy to fuck up its not even funny.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

to the OP, it definitely depends on the area you live in. like if there arent many body shops around, than expect to pay more cuz they know you dont have anywhere else to go and they command that area. but I would agree with Anotherguy^ the most. you could possibly get the color change too for a grand if you know the people who work there.

PS- show quality paint jobs usually cost more cuz there are more coats of color, pearl, and/or clear on it. but thats not what you would want as a daily driver anyway. the more clearcoats they put on the thing, the more of a chance it has to crack and chip.

Not really. A show quality paint job doesn't necessarily mean it can't be driven daily. It is harder to maintain, but can be done. as far as the clear coat goes, that isn't true either. Most "Show Quality" paint jobs we do are sanded down w/ 3000 after a nice coat of clear. Hell, the clear on my truck is probably thinner than on the average vehicle, because of that. It gets rid of the orange peel and gives it that mirror finish. :)

Archived