Second Skin Audio

DD 1508

hows they sound on 600watts? im assuming its your daily setup...with your monster of a system in ur sig haha

loud for what it is. Easiuly can be confused for a dual 12 setup if you didnt know what you were hearing. I am seriously impressed by them.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

corona jeff was running 950 rms to each of his 4 daily. clean wattage though.

the only thing with these woofers is you have to be careful not to over excurt them.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

(DD loves the big boxes from what ive heard)

Who did you hear that from? For me (and AFAIK about 90% of the SPL world) they've always loved tiny boxes. It's not like they need the airspace to be efficient, they already have enormous motors and low moving mass. Small box, big port IMO is where to aim with DDs.

I know someone who was doing 153s with 2 9512's in about 1.3 cubes total...

EDIT: If anything excursion is your enemy with DDs. Use a small box to minimise it.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

• 9 months later...

Old ass thread, but whats DD claim differences are between the DD T series and regular series sound wise. i know about size but what about Sound wise? I've never had both in the same place to compare either so im a little lost as well.

I used a 5kw amp for my 2 DD 1508`s, allthough I used it very conservative. Don`t judge them the first time you hear them, they need time to loosen up to get loud and low. And you reach the mechanical limits before the termal limits of the sub, so you`ll hear it when your pushing too hard, lol ;)

Proud member of SMD

My build log

2 DDZ9518

2 DynaBel BF 8501

2 GZ Neo 8"s

154.5@38hz with 2 DD Z9518`s

145.5@40hz with 2 DD 1508`s

My youtube vids

I wouldnt suggest more than 750 going to them daily and N8 is very right in what he said i heard 2 of these on 1500 true watts and would have never believed that it was 2 8's in a caprice :D

You wont be disappointed with them at all bro and you definitely have to give them time to break loose cuz they are stiff as fuck when you get them

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

I had 900 clamped watts for each 1510 and they took it without ANY problems, i honestly think a 1508 can handle that power without any clipping, but anyways, it´s a very old thread, and the new question, i honestly don´t know the difference :peepwall::yahoo:

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Archived