Second Skin Audio

lexan sub box..

Trippi

Lexan is way too soft. It will, need to be plexi, cast acrylic, polycarbonate, etc. 1.5-2" thick. About $3000 per sheet.

Yup, I will actually be using acrylic which is more rigid. Lexan may be stronger, but is more flexible.

Already ordered some sheets.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

which is why most people talk shit about SMD

otherwise ... :) pictures are ftw

Yeah, I can see why. Some people think the internet makes them tough. Guess their mamas' didn't teach em " If you don't have nothin' nice to say, stfu." Well, mama probably changed it up a bit, but y'all get the picture. It would be a nice change that's for sure. Like has been said, whether lexan or not, this build should be tight.

Oh, and Hummer, pics are ftw. Keep us updated on this.

1985 Chevy Silverado Black and Silver SBC 350/700r4

Yup, I will actually be using acrylic which is more rigid. Lexan may be stronger, but is more flexible.

Already ordered some sheets.

oh snap.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

HOLY SHIT! I thought this thread was just a joke until Ed pops up and says this..^

Even though I thought it was a joke, I wasn't an ASS to hummer, I didn't have much to contribute so I didn't post. That's called being mature about it.

I bet all the haters are feelin mighty stupid right now. Just because the dude doesn't have pics doesn't mean you have the right to be an ass. This is a forum to help and that's what he was looking for.

EDIT: Definitely subbing for pics and updates.. I wanna see the outcome.

you can call it hating all you want. Ive been here for a long time and have witnessed more of these ridiculous claims than you could imagine. some 16 yr old kid sees steves video on youtube and then says that hes going to go bigge3r and do it out of plexi and what does everyone think etc etc. Just like the OP did. So since they are trolling you let them know. If he finishes this I'll believe it then. until Then I'm still not going to. Thats why I said Id love to see it.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

you can call it hating all you want. Ive been here for a long time and have witnessed more of these ridiculous claims than you could imagine. some 16 yr old kid sees steves video on youtube and then says that hes going to go bigge3r and do it out of plexi and what does everyone think etc etc. Just like the OP did. So since they are trolling you let them know. If he finishes this I'll believe it then. until Then I'm still not going to. Thats why I said Id love to see it.

All I can say is scroll up and read Ed's post. :clapping:

EDIT: I know what you mean about ridiculous claims. All you have to do is roll into the AA sub-forum and look for the Acrylic Sub Box, where the kid says he got 4 or 6 SMDs. I'm just giving hummer a little credit, especially after reading Ed's posts.. All I'm getting at is people are quicker to be a total dick to the guy then to help him out. So what if he wasn't going to do it, he could see if it was a feasible idea, and see what parts of the equation he's missing in his thought process. No harm, no foul.

1985 Chevy Silverado Black and Silver SBC 350/700r4

cant be that hard to post a pic.

i just wanna see what 12 of em look like haha

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

we did an acrylic sub box for my ex girlfriends 1508s. it was awsome. lemme see if I can dig up some pics and video

VbjgkeI.jpg

F6CNB9e.jpg
Team Sundown Audio / Team XS Power / Team SHOK

SMD Super Buyer/Seller

www.sundownaudio.com

www.shokindustries.com

www.4xspower.com

www.excessiveamperage.com

Archived