Can someone explain why some setups have massive amounts of batteries?

LOL calm down guys, hes had an account here less than a month and has had less than 50 posts, he prob doesnt have all day to get on here like most of us do :wub:

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

Bare with me, I'm pretty new to car audio and electrical wiring and concepts. A very simple answer will do.

So the other day I meet this guy and he was showing how many batteries he had to for his system. No joke, this guy had like 6 120 plus AH HUGE UPS truck style batteries each weighing he said "140lbs each! I then ask him what was the reason for all the batteries. Before I knew it I block him out because he went into 45 minute, defcon-5 explanations on why and how he needed them. Non of it made any since. He said he was running dual alts. one stock at 110amp and another at 200amp.(took his word on it because he was a bit of a talker!) I've seen my fair share of well built system and horrible ones, but never have I heard of anyone that has 6 extra batteries, and even if they did have six 140 plus pound batteries.... from my understand, if this person would have added let say two extra 250 plus amp alternators instead of 6 big foot monster truck batteries, he would have been able to produce the same amount of results with less weight added to his car?? To me adding close to 1000 pounds of extra weight seem stupid, but, if it does the job efficiently, f**k Me for questioning his set up.Is this my ignorance speaking for lack of knowledge in electrical car audio concepts, or is this guy WAY OVER DOING IT WITH THE BATTERIES? LMFAO, I thought I was cool with my extra battery in the trunk... I guess I should take that shit to the next level and hit up a friend that works on 747 southwest jets and see if planes use batteries and if so, get a few of those bastards in my trunk... be like "yeah I'm running southwest airline batteries in my shit, no big deal!

LMFAO HAHAHAHA "no big deal" lol

My stuff

'06 Scion xA:

-Alpine iDa-x100

-Alpine KTP-445 Power Pack

-Polk Audio db6501 (front components)

-Polk Audio db651 (back coaxials)

-2 RE Audio SEX12D4s

-Cadence F1200-1D

- Custom box tuned to 33Hz

- Kinetik HC1400

- 50 ft2 of Audio Technix sound deadner

- Big 3

My photography page

Hahahaha Boon I thought you of all people would appreciate my funky pup comment up above.

I did! lol.... who was it who said something in another thread?? "Damnit! Why does it always have to come back to the funky pups?!?!"

Boon you had me on the floor with your post!

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

I didn't read the whole thing, but basically it takes power to make power.

If you wanted to get really technical, batteries don't make power, they store (and release) it.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Those batteries seem kinda heavy. Are most that size 120+ pounds? I have an hc2000 and it weighs maybe 60-65 pounds and its 104ah. So why almost double weight for an extra 20 ah?

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

BOOOOOOONNNN

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Yeah man, 6 batteries isn't much. The more storage you have, one of two things is true. You can withstand a much higher wattage tone burst, or you can play at max volume for a longer time.

Regardless of alternators, the longer you can play without significant voltage drop, the longer your wattage is maxed out yielding the highest SPL possible (bassrace/bass box)

The more batteries you have, the higher wattage tone burst you can achieve. The ultimate goal is 0V drop during a burst. That keeps the power maxed out and the signal clean for the highest SPL possible. (dB Drag)

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

Umm, from the comments I guess "f**k me" serve me right! Again, as I state before I lack the electrical concept that goes behind a great system, if 6-12, or 102 batteries are needed to keep your system slumped out with stable voltage, then by all means rock out. From the little I've read prior to this forum I figured having more alternators would result in less battery(s) storage power need to stabilize a good voltage reading. Of course all the alternator power in the world won't help if your vehicle is turn off.

Now, can someone answer me why this person went with UPS truck batteries instead of deep cycle KC2400 for example? I keep calling them UPS truck batteries because this is what he kept referring to them as. Mental picture, think of a KC2400 almost double it and this was roughly the size of this guys battery.

HU: Kenwood KDC-MP745U.

Sub: AQ HDC 15

Amp: Hifonics BXi 1610D for sub, ZXi 6410 for mids highs

Speakers: 6.5 premium MB Quarts components,6.5 MB Quart premium coaxial back doors

Wiring: KLMX Kable 1/0g for Big 3.Double up 4g from battery to trunk...for now.

Big 3: YUP!

Battery: Shuriken SK-BT35 to the trunk.

Randoms: Flush mounted Stinger blue digital voltmeter. Flush mounted Memphis 7band EQ- 16-EQ50. phoenix gold 2 channel line driver.