DC Sound Lab

Nice cars, but it doesnt give the information they were asking for, like power wire *how many runs, what size* how many batts

first post he said 7 kinetik(2400's IIRC and im guessing one run from the front back

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

Oh, damn, sorry im tired so reading > me today!

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

you need to scan your music on audacity and check for clipping

91 dodge colt gt..

4 custom t600 15s

audioque 3500d.1

tuned to 25 hz... stay tuned.

blazer

stroker 15

brutus bxi2006d terrible voltage drop

145.4@38HZ... SEALED LEGAL

Aim: chewieft09

www.t3audio.com

carpe diez nuts !!

my house is louder than your car...

To the OP, I say just keep your settings all how they are, and when your shit toasts itself, just go ahead and blame it on shitty products and not yourself. After all, you KNOW you had your stuff setup correct.

Seriously dude, you came on here asking help with a problem that has a pretty specific cause, and when people are telling what the cause most likely is of course they are going to poke a little fun. If you had done your research to the point where you yourself could diagnose the problem, you could have described your situation a little better, and might have avoiding having someone else jump to conclusions that you don't know what you're doing.

If you're gonna be a dick about it then go ahead and blow your subs, and buy yourself some more to blow.

If you LEGITIMATELY want some help then you came to the right place, you're just taking advice the wrong way.

First thing, pull the subs and check the tinsels and coils, look for any signs of over heating/burning. Second, turn your gains, bass boost, and other enhancements all the way down. Set your crossover, you want your subs to play your low frequency, your mids to play midrange frequencies, and your highs to play high range frequencies. In other words, you dont want your subs playing notes 120hz, you will leave that up to your mid ranges, and vice versa, you dont want your mids playing 30hz notes. It will damage them. Now go ahead and turn your headunit up to the maximum volume without it sounding distorted. Go to your amps, and start turning the gains up to where your subs are playing at maximum volume before they begin clipping. (clipping will sound distorted generally)If you have access to an O-scope, learn how to use it, and take advantage of that. It will show you visually when and where you have a note clipping. Now you're done with the amp, you shouldnt need bass boost or any other enhancements. When you start learning how subsonic filters, and intelli-q adjustments work, and how they will affect your music listening, THEN you can start adjusting and fine tuning your response to your liking.

As many others have said, if you have obvious signs of damage to the subs, get them repaired asap. You can have a damaged sub, then set your amp to play it, however it will overtime fall victim to it's previous damage.

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

Never rely on somebody else tuning the shit you're going to play unless they are well renowned. "Doing it for a long time" means nothing. I've been doing it for eight years now, but I've only recently been able to accomplish 150+.

And I am giving my LVL5 18s 4k a piece daily. They've been nothing but cold.

I suggest listening to everybody so far. Lots of smart guys on here who most likely know more than your buddy.

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

Never rely on somebody else tuning the shit you're going to play unless they are well renowned. "Doing it for a long time" means nothing. I've been doing it for eight years now, but I've only recently been able to accomplish 150+.

That just reminded me, my signature fits the situation perfectly. Check it. 8)

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

Guy is still a douche for making fun of me because I am "white". That is pathetic. I am also willing to guess he only has a run of 0g from front battery positive, to back battery positive. Also, OP, what is your final ohm load? 1, .5, .25?

Hey Mikey been gone for a while final ohm is 1 genius lol anyway everythings good speakers arent smelling or smoking and I haven't changed a thing ??????????????? mystery unsolved lol. I had DD's before these DC's they played well scored well also but these DC to me I like the sound little better. Planning not to take out my box and put wall hehehe work in progess anyway enjoy ur day dude later

2002 Mitsubishi Lancer

3-18" Mayhem Subs

Pioneer AVH-6300BT

1-10K DC Audio Amplifier

1-5K DC Audio Amplifier

3-Pioneer GM-D9500

6-Kinetik HC2400

2-XS Power D3100

1-Kinetik HC1400

Ohio Gen 160-180 amp HO Alternator

Just for reference, if you don't have an O-scope, you can use a DMM and set the gains using that. Turn the settings up to what you want, max out the bass knob, 3/4 volume, 50hz tone, and set the gains 1v under. That's what I did so I have some leeway and my subs are brand new and have not even gotten stinky or hot.