6 Crossfire 18s Hummer RE-RE-RE-RE-BUILD

I would go with a turbo. I don't think it would be the best on your motor to sit there holding the rpms up demoing with an s/c putting boost in your motor the whole time. Turbos anymore are cheaper with the right kits, just depends on how custom the tubing gets. Plus turbos these days spool up just about as fast as an s/c faster depending on the s/c you have. plus the turbo won't be putting as much boost out at 2k rpm as the s/c while your demoing.

2000 2dr blazer

15" diamond audio d3

4 cubic ft. tuned @ 32hz (slot port, sub back, port back)

debating on a wall or no wall.

Shay-kee

I would go with a turbo. I don't think it would be the best on your motor to sit there holding the rpms up demoing with an s/c putting boost in your motor the whole time. Turbos anymore are cheaper with the right kits, just depends on how custom the tubing gets. Plus turbos these days spool up just about as fast as an s/c faster depending on the s/c you have. plus the turbo won't be putting as much boost out at 2k rpm as the s/c while your demoing.

your correct..

unless theres a load on the motor causing more exhaust gasses revving doesnt really spool turbos very quickly.. he could hold it at 2k all day. and the turbos will just be along for the ride. not producing boost

91 dodge colt gt..

4 custom t600 15s

audioque 3500d.1

tuned to 25 hz... stay tuned.

blazer

stroker 15

brutus bxi2006d terrible voltage drop

145.4@38HZ... SEALED LEGAL

Aim: chewieft09

www.t3audio.com

carpe diez nuts !!

my house is louder than your car...

I can't believe how much misleading "info" is going on here with people talking about turbo lag and how superchargers are superior

a supercharger takes power away from the serpentine system to make power

a turbo uses WASTED exhaust gases to make power

which is more efficient??

like a few people said, he could have full spool and power by 2000-2500 rpm. go take your car for a drive and floor it from all different speeds and see how many times your car is below 2500 rpms

I really know know how much of everyone elses knowledge is legit but I've built a 640 horsepower 4 cylinder so I know what I'm talking about when it comes to turbocharging cars. if you need any direct help just PM me

just got done building a 4g63t for a eagle talon.. woot!!

91 dodge colt gt..

4 custom t600 15s

audioque 3500d.1

tuned to 25 hz... stay tuned.

blazer

stroker 15

brutus bxi2006d terrible voltage drop

145.4@38HZ... SEALED LEGAL

Aim: chewieft09

www.t3audio.com

carpe diez nuts !!

my house is louder than your car...

Um adding another pulley adds strain to your motor, so actually adding a turbo that spools off exhaust vs a SC that spools off pulley rotation AND having 4 alts, a turbo would be more efficient. The more crank power used to turn something, the less power it's putting to your wheels. Turbo's are way much better the way to go vs SC in almost any and all applications(I'm not talking straight drag cars cause lag is an issue then, but every day use vehicles) (IMO).

Also, a turbo will give you more low end power than a SC. 2000-2500 rpm for a turbo is where most it power is at, while a SC is 3k+(give or take). Again, all this is if you buy the correct set up, rather it be a turbo or a SC, but if you do either, I'd recommend an intercooler..especially with the turbo (uses exhaust to spool).

BTW Hummer, looking good man! Bet you're anxious to get this done.

thanks man..man if u only knew..lol..it's winding down tho

this build is insane. i cant imagine the amount spent on equipment. not including purchase price of the truck. no sponsors????

Thanks. No sponsors..I'm thinking about scratching off the names on all of the equipment since no one wanted to look out..lol. Except for SMD of course..(it might mess up the subs.) lol. nah Steve and this forum have been a tremendous help to me.

So im just sitting here thinking that when this bass monster is done that it should be automatically the system of that month or system of the year, but thats just my 2 cents.

Thanks man but nah, there are some incredible builds on here...

damn its coming along nicely

going to have to floor it to get it going anywhere tho ;)

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Thanks. lol

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

tripp_zps449c2d3a.jpg

~~~~CHODE FTW~~~~

DC4LYFE

Thanks for all of the help everybody. If I end up doing anything, it will prob be a turbo..mainly because it's dfrnt. lol

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

tripp_zps449c2d3a.jpg

~~~~CHODE FTW~~~~

DC4LYFE

Thanks for all of the help everybody. If I end up doing anything, it will prob be a turbo..mainly because it's dfrnt. lol

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Refs-(b.f.) 99vic, WCA Rusty(x3) Nathan@XSPOWER, Ampjunkielikeme, Bread0710, AmiCreations (s.t.) REsLaPz, PandaGT(x2), Keiferacing, Juicemane (t.w.) Powski, Big gil[/center]

Build Log

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/77726-sss-celica-dc-buildupdate-611-finished/

2005 subi STi 380whp 355whp

17" gold bbs

5% tint all around w/sunglare strip

JVC dvd double din

Knuconceptz 4ga wiring

XS Power!

Big 3

8" SAv2 d2

1800 audiopipe

Have you seen the turbo kits that mount under the car my boy did his 05 vette and was very sick, might make your hummer feel like stock with all that weight. :drinks::popcorn: I dont know if they make them for the hummer but make it work shit.

I wish every body had beat so I wouldnt have to turn my shit down. Fosgate for life running there shit since I was 16 going on 15 years strong. Not stopping any time soon.

Archived