Grounds to my tahoe's frame....quick Q for the PRO's please...

Thought i posted a ways back in this thread about plugs and wires but guess i didn't, another thing to try is remove the alt belt and see if it still does it. I'm pretty sure its the ignition though. Do you have the engine and frame/chassis grounded together with 1/0 i know some strange things can happen when the ground straps get corroded and begin to break down.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Ever check the spark plugs?After reading this i started to search for common problems and remedies to fix them,i came across this article and i hope you take the time to read it.It may very well have the answer to your problem.Good luck!

http://www.termpro.com/articles/noise.html

enough with people telling me spark plugs...... its not plugs damn it.................

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

when u move your rca's try wrapping the cable in aluminum foil. extra shielding

Doubt that will do anything, and look ghettoriffic!

Im running some Pink Stinger Pro Series RCA's that are brand new, but way old school. Each cable is thicker then 4 gauge power wire, and quad shielded.

If they cross my 3/0 wires at my batteries I get MAD engine noise. And its a PITA because my 4 channels are right above my batteries and wires.

However with the RCAs between my batts and box no engine noise.

I always found this write-up helpful.

Not sure if itll help you but theres a lot of good info there.

1999 Pontiac Sunfire

Alpine CDA-9886

Sundown Audio SAZ-1000D

Sundown Audio SAX-50.4

Rainbow SAC 265.25 Components

Image Dynamics iD12

Optima Yellow Top

SQFire FTW.

ok, this is why I said in the title, PRO's only please! I dont want to be a dick, but some of these posts are just so pointless, and cluttering up my thread. I dont need plugs for the 4th time. There is no cap and rotor for my engine.......jesus its a 2002... im not wrapping rca's in aluminum foil, I dont need to know what a BIG4 is, the wiring in my tahoe is of show quality, and ran perfectly and neatly (well mostly) I just asked a smiple question, and am getting some really off the wall replies... In all honesty I appreciate each and everyone of your replies, but lets stop with he GUESSING! There must be an answer here, and that is what im seeking. All my grounds are PERFECT, new RCA's, new HU, HU has a great ground to metal frame, I have done it all, and still cant get rid of this noise that increases with engine RPM.

You might have missed it earlier but check your factory grounds. Starter stuff like that. those things get corroded alot easier than audio stuff and can have detrimental affects as well.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

You might have missed it earlier but check your factory grounds. Starter stuff like that. those things get corroded alot easier than audio stuff and can have detrimental affects as well.

every wire under my hood and under my chassis that is a main power wire, or ground (starter, relay, all original batt cables, etc...) were all replaced with my 0/1 made cables.... so that isnt my issues either... but hey, Thanks anyways.

This is what I did in my Hoe and have no issues.

1- Replace engine ground with new 1/0 and ran to the frame, driver's side.

2- Ran new 1/0 ground from the front battery to the same point, driver's side

3- Ran all batteries grounds in the back, 1/0 to the rear frame, driver's side

4- Ran all buss bars grounds, (8) 1/0 to the frame in the rear, driver's side ***KEEP THESE THE SAME LENGTH***

5- Ran RF360 ground to middle frame 10g

For your HU, try using the factory ground.

If your amps are mounted and touching any metal, get them remounted with a barrier under them. This can cause stray grounds to be induced. Make sure all ground connections are on the metal, no paint between the lug and frame.

did a troubleshoot a while back on an amp installed from another shop. Lights dimming. Engine noise through cd player and door speakers without an amp on highs. Amp read 11.5 volts at the amp connectors. Checked resistance from amp ground to battery and it was about 7 ohms. Ran a 4 gauge from battery negative to firewall. Ohms dropped to about 1 ohm. Dimming stopped mostly, and noise was gone. May help, may not. Wouldn't hurt to check.

God damn its hot today. My balls are stuck to my leg.

Archived