Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

I miss Pantera.....

Metal hasn't been the same since Dimebag died.

There are a slew of bands with a similar sound, the difference is they aren't on national labels.

Here in Detroit we have a spot called Harpo's which has tons of metal acts come through. The only problem is the area is crazy dangerous. It doesn't bother me any, but it is dangerous none the less. I don't even remember how many times I've been there with stabbings, shootings (usually outside), and massive brawls. Running a true metal venue is a rough business especially in the D where most of us are already pissed off as it is. :angry:

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

Posted

Metal is my favorite music! Screaming is almost a requirement for true metal.... Look at Savatage and Sanctuary for Gods sake.....

Look at Motionless in white and in Feat and Faith. Both very good metal bands with good sound.

Posted

Fellow metalhead here as well, no vids tho, not worth it with my system

1993 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham.

Jensen UV10 DVD HU

Two 12" Sony Xplode (temporary)

Posted

I'm not going to try and dissuade your opinion on screaming, but if you actually listen, there is a lot of skill involved. Also, there are alot of them that are able to come out of screaming and sing amazingly. Just for shits and giggles, I ask everyone who says that screaming isn't very talented to give it a try. To make it sound like they do and not have your vocal cords give out within a minute is down right amazing. I will say it isn't my favorite to listen to, but I have a healthy respect for it.

I can definitely feel ya on the fact that there is a certain type of skill involved. cuz I have tried to scream like that, (it doesnt work for me haha) so I know what your talkin about. but its more about the appeal or how it sounds for me...I just don't like listening to it, especially cuz I like to sing, and I can't sing to screaming.

I associate alot of that screaming to lashing out...to make people angry...perfect example is that one song by slipknot, duality i think it was. where all the people are tearing the vacant house down and all pissed. I never understood it...i always just watched it and thought, why?

I guess its just preference....just like how some people hate seafood, and some don't. but maiden, megadeth, priest, Dio, Sabbath (H&H) will always be the kings to me :drinks:

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

Posted

Lamb of God- anything from the Sacrament album, especially "Redneck". First and second songs on the Wrath. The double bass in redneck is retarded in a system.

God damn its hot today. My balls are stuck to my leg.

Posted

Lamb of God- anything from the Sacrament album, especially "Redneck". First and second songs on the Wrath. The double bass in redneck is retarded in a system.

Yeah, this album is my favorite of theirs.

If you guys like something that's a bit different; heavy at times, but jazzy as well with sweet guitar playing and odd timing (similar to Meshuggah), check out Animals as Leaders. It's an instrumental album that I've been listening to basically non-stop for a couple months now. And the bass drums straight up pound. I blew my SSD listening to it. :ehh:

2002 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi

Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Alpine SPX-17REF 6.5" components (active)

Sundown SAX-50.4

Sundown z15 (3 cubes @ 35 hz)

Sundown SAX-1200D

2006 Buick Rainier CXL AWD V8

Stock Bose system

12" Alpine Type E in aeroported box

Profile AP1000M

Posted

I love me some metal, I use to have a video of me playing some song for shits n giggles but I don't know what I did with it. Saw these dudes a few weeks ago, might not be for the "older" metal heads but for the newer you might dig it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFny8FqinJk&feature=related

The Setup

2009 Volkswagen Jetta

2 Alpine SWR-1222D's in 2 seperate boxes tuned to 33hz

1 Kicker ZX1001.1

Stock 140A Alt

Stock speakers

Posted
Earth Day Birthday 17 Almost Legal<- this makes me wish I was in Florida now

1998 Plymouth Voyager (daily)

Jensen VM9213 H.U. (I Know but I havent had any problems.... yet)

5.25" Factory -> Sound Stream SST5.2

6x9 Hifonics ZXi 693 -> Sound Stream SST6.9

Amp: Class D: Crescendo 3KWP (x2)

Class A/B: Crescendo 1000C4

Sub: Almani S-7 10" (x6)

Posted

Lamb of God- anything from the Sacrament album, especially "Redneck". First and second songs on the Wrath. The double bass in redneck is retarded in a system.

"Grace" from the album Wrath was amazing!

someone said they didn't like the screaming in alot of the music these days.

It's because its whats popular. Way back with the grunge movement, anything that sounded like grunge got signed. These days anything similar to grunge would be passed over faster than hell.

As the hot-topic kids grow in mass so do the shitty emo/hardcore bands.

Now as far as some screaming goes Randy from lamb of god NEVER sings and for some reason his vocals never bore me.

Howard from Killswitch Engage Could wail. His singing vocals are amazing along with his screams. Jesse(who Howard replaced) did the same.

Phil from All That Remains also has amazing vocals as well as screams.

Now there are quite a few other bands that go along with this genre but these three are prominent.

there are plenty of bands that i can name but i'd rather not spend all day thinking of the hundreds of bands i can listen to all day.

Now if you're talking about vocals like Atreyu... That is another story :ugh:

just remember, there are no smart people in the world, only some less retarded than others

wow shes hot too who is she? kim petras? wheres that from...i'd buss that open

Bone stock 2015 Genesis Sedan

RIP Civic :(

sundown_audio_logo-1-1.jpg

Posted

Some vocals just take getting used to, or you have to kinda look past them if they're a great band otherwise. One example for me would be The Human Abstract. I was never crazy about their vocals, but their music (guitars especially) are good enough where I kinda looked past the vocals until they kinda grew on me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4E40fkUYOlo&feature=related

BTW, I'm only talking about the album Nocturne. Their album after this sucked.

2002 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi

Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Alpine SPX-17REF 6.5" components (active)

Sundown SAX-50.4

Sundown z15 (3 cubes @ 35 hz)

Sundown SAX-1200D

2006 Buick Rainier CXL AWD V8

Stock Bose system

12" Alpine Type E in aeroported box

Profile AP1000M

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8446 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...