What Volume Headunits Clip At

gonna go ahead and bump this up, been seeing a lot of people asking about clipping on HU's, we really should have this stickied and have all the results from different HUs on the front page, kind of like the resonant frequency of your car thread.

My kenwood mp145 (thank god i'm getting rid of it) Starts to clip w/ Aux @ 26/35, w/ CD it clips @ 28/35. All eq settings flat.

c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old.

i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan

Build in Progress

well we can throw out everything we know now that there is this Distortion Detector

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

well we can throw out everything we know now that there is this Distortion Detector

yeah, but that only helps this thread out more, as long as everyone buying the distortion dectector isnt using the same HU they can post info about when the deck starts to distort.

c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old.

i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan

Build in Progress

i have a distortion detector pre ordered so when i get it i have a few decks i will test, alsong with any radio installs i do, ive done my pioneer AVH-P4300DVD and my Alpine 9886 on my TPI scope 440 and that info is in here

i do agree that this thread should be stickied :drink40:

2014 Chevy Silverado Crewcab

1994 Chevy Full Size blazer

3 weeks ago, i did my alpine iva-w205 headunit and it clips at 28 out of 35 with the eq set to flat for the bass and treble and the loudness set to off. and suprisingly the eq on this hu is fairly flat, it has some bumps but its a lot flatter than the eq i had on my pioneer deh-p4100 unit i had.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

What does flat settings mean? No bass, treble or anything like that?

I question the fact that a person with that high of a post count really did not know what flat settings meant........he i obviously " asking " the question for the noobs that did not know what to ask.

I hope..

2 12" Jeff Vue Customs
1 set MB Quart FSB 216 in doors
1 American Bass 100.1 on sub
1 Hertz EP2 on doors
JVC deck IPOD control
Stock 105 amp alt
DD-1
big 3
new build in Chevy caviler http://www.stevemead...chevy-cavalier/

last set up in the ZX2 http://www.stevemead...-current-build/

old build log http://www.stevemead...-1998-ford-zx2/

Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, debt is the money of slaves. Just my .02c

that shop needs keep those doors open so they have to charge for it

if people think 10k is a lot then they should get into other hobbies.. like masturbating, cause any hobby cost money to maintain

Lol no, I'm smarter than that bro haha. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice..............go fuck yourself lol

I just ordered an oscope so I will do my pioneer here in the next 2 weeks and post the results.....my vote goes to this being a sticky as well.

I don't fuck around. I go from zero to I hope you die in less than 2 posts

build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/104524-new-subs-coming-sundown-3500d-arc-audio-cable-lacing-crescendo/

Yeah wondering what my KDC-x592 clips at, is an exceleron that goes up to 35. I do have my mid @ +2 and treble @ +4 since I'm running my speakers off the deck. Will be getting a Pioneer AVH-P3200BT soon though so that would be a good one to know too.

I don't think ones in the first post should count though considering he did the test with his ipod through the aux, the ipod is known to clip at full volume. Unless he tested that to make sure it wasn't clipping first.

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

Archived