n8ball2013 Posted May 9, 2010 Report Posted May 9, 2010 76 hours is the most but there have been plenty of 60-70 hour weeks when I'm on call in the winter. I do Hvac mostly gas+oil heating the 76 hour week was just busy and Id get home and have to go right back out because of no heat calls. But damn some of you guys working over 100 hour a week, thats rough. Much respect to that. I thought my job was pretty demanding. On call pay is the shit though especially on those lucky days when there are no service calls and I get 3 hours of on call pay for sitting near my phone. my overtime rate is grin inducing. i dont mind too much THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
abervintageman42 Posted May 9, 2010 Report Posted May 9, 2010 54 I think is the most I worked, I was workin produce at a grocery store and my manager went out of town, I did like the paycheck that week though
USAMPFREAK Posted May 9, 2010 Report Posted May 9, 2010 My Tech support Job is 24/7 plus being the production manager and engineer's assistant. 1975 Oldsmobile Omega SalonStill Under ConstructionTeam Sound QubedTeam H-O Alternators / Team Kinetik AudioR.I.P Team US Amps WHOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HOLD THE FUCK UP!!! I know your honey bun smugglin ass aint talking shit!
Tebo Posted May 9, 2010 Report Posted May 9, 2010 45 hours as a minor baggin and stockin at a grociery store 04 dodge dakota ext cab 4x4 excessive amperage 300 amp alt with MONSTER stud =)sundown z v3 15 in a 4th order on aq2200sundown 100.4 2 way active...2 Prv audio 6mb200 & 2 re XXX tweetersdeka intimidatorkenwood x396big 3 1/0 knu wire back to deka intimidator
ahoz28 Posted May 9, 2010 Report Posted May 9, 2010 I drive a big truck for a oil field company and 90hr weeks are common, when the market is good. I don't have days off unless something breaks, or a job cancels. I'm on call 24/7, and I have to work holidays also.
UnderLoK Posted May 9, 2010 Report Posted May 9, 2010 During the Detroit Autoshow we used to provide fiber transport out of the hall to all of the TV stations and cable shows. On an average day during that week I would work 4am-10:00pm sleep for a couple hours and then be back at work. Basically for that week I would have about 42 hours off or 35 hours to sleep. Worked 126 hours for a week. The best part though was that it started before Christmas so not only did I get OT I also got double and triple time on many of those days because they were company holidays. The paychecks for those 10-14 days would basically be a couple+ months regular pay. It was nuts. If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARSCheck out my walled TBSS build over here4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9 DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500 Pioneer X8500 6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S Second Skin 2 270a Mechman Alts
SocoJoe Posted May 10, 2010 Report Posted May 10, 2010 Worked 107 hours my first 2 weeks at the job I am currently still with. Shit sucked, the most I have put in is 120+ hours, was a few people out on vacation. I have the actual time stamps for both but of course my work blocks every f'n uploading site. The Setup 2009 Volkswagen Jetta 2 Alpine SWR-1222D's in 2 seperate boxes tuned to 33hz 1 Kicker ZX1001.1 Stock 140A Alt Stock speakers
HHR Ed Posted May 10, 2010 Report Posted May 10, 2010 Ive actually worked 168 hours in 1 week. I was building a car and didnt sleep for a week and worked on it straight through. Ive also stayed awake for a 1 week period just for fun once. I am not kidding. Ed Lester ShowtimeSPL Host Showtime Electronics Video MarketingMy old Build Loghttp://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl 5 time dB Drag Finalist Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way. Loudest score ever = 171dB 2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion
Neo_frog Posted May 10, 2010 Author Report Posted May 10, 2010 Ive actually worked 168 hours in 1 week. I was building a car and didnt sleep for a week and worked on it straight through. Ive also stayed awake for a 1 week period just for fun once. I am not kidding. No wonder you're a crazy mofo! Generally the neuroconnections begin to deteriorate after 72 hours Need an install? Hit me up.[email protected]Got car audio questions? Check here first!Everything you need to know. =]http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/
HHR Ed Posted May 10, 2010 Report Posted May 10, 2010 No wonder you're a crazy mofo! Generally the neuroconnections begin to deteriorate after 72 hours lol, after the 3rd night awake, I would have dreams almost every time I blinked. Some dreams seamed like they lasted hours, but it was actually less than 1 second. My brother described the same thing when he went through hell week for Marine Training. Ed Lester ShowtimeSPL Host Showtime Electronics Video MarketingMy old Build Loghttp://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl 5 time dB Drag Finalist Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way. Loudest score ever = 171dB 2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.