Sonic Electronix

whats more important, db or massive air movement

all i really want is to be heard from blocks away, and as i get closer, i would want to shake stuff in my surrounds. even cars next to mine. lol. with just 1 18, my windshield whippers kinda move just a bit, and i can see my windshield doing small flexing as well. when i add a second 18 with the proper box to it, then ill really start shaking things a bit. my box right now is too big for my car, and is taking half my back seat, which i think it has to do with me not being hard from far away. i just got into the car audio life and learning lil by lil. the previous owner of that 18 was able to shake just a lil bit of the shelfs at my job with just 1 rockford punch 1000amp. and im pushing a hifonics 2010d and just shakes my car, but not heard or shake shit around me. i think there is something wrong in this pic. lol

Your box sounds epically small. If it only takes up half your back seats? That would be like 3-4cubes, too small for 1 18". Also don't judge loudness on flex, some cars flex more than others, it is stupid when people are like oh my 12" rattles shit sooo bad, it means that more sound is being lost through vibrating panels. I say it's good that your car doesn't turn to jelly.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

I scored 151 with 2 12´s in my swift (burp box) and the sexplorer it´s around 150 dbs only with 4 12´s (daily box) hehe, that means the swift was louder? no way! On the other hand, YES, it´s funny how people think that they are loud because they flex, i had a little renault twingo that flexed crazy with 2 12´s in a sealed box because the car was a piece of crap haha.

And i´m with boon on this one, even tuning low, you should score more than 150 with 4 18´s on a proper box, i´m gonna build a box for 2 18´s inside the swift tuning @ 32 hz, taking into account that´s a small car and i can´t have the proper box, i still hope i can hit 148 with 4000 watts :yahoo:

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Your box sounds epically small. If it only takes up half your back seats? That would be like 3-4cubes, too small for 1 18". Also don't judge loudness on flex, some cars flex more than others, it is stupid when people are like oh my 12" rattles shit sooo bad, it means that more sound is being lost through vibrating panels. I say it's good that your car doesn't turn to jelly.

+1000000 I hate it when people say that and all you can hear is their car falling apart!

Sound deadening is almost as important as the box is for a good sounding system. Notice why in all the professional build logs people take time to deaden everything in the car, they do this for the increase loudness.

+1 most noobs think flexing/vibrating is a good thing, but really its just losing more sound.

F/s: 2 custom made boxes, for 1 12" and 2 12" hit me up I'll let em go cheap

+1 most noobs think flexing/vibrating is a good thing, but really its just losing more sound.

Flex is fun. :drinks: lol. but vibration is absolutely annoying. I hate nothing more than someone who pulls up next to me and it sounds like every piece of metal is vibrating lool.

My stuff

'06 Scion xA:

-Alpine iDa-x100

-Alpine KTP-445 Power Pack

-Polk Audio db6501 (front components)

-Polk Audio db651 (back coaxials)

-2 RE Audio SEX12D4s

-Cadence F1200-1D

- Custom box tuned to 33Hz

- Kinetik HC1400

- 50 ft2 of Audio Technix sound deadner

- Big 3

My photography page

some times flex helps. my friend deadened his whole roof and lost 1db (i think). had to take it all off.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

some times flex helps. my friend deadened his whole roof and lost 1db (i think). had to take it all off.

It has a lot to do with the frequency doesn't it?

Sometimes, but really depends on the car i guess, my swift lost a full db by dampening the back hatch, i didn´t take it away because i prefer loosing dbs than a crappy rattle sound, also, the Explorer always loose dbs by dampening the back hatch, at least that´s what everyone with a ex says...

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

When mine is done I do wanna see what it does on the meter but I'm more into just letting it bang and letting ppl enjoy it

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

tripp_zps449c2d3a.jpg

~~~~CHODE FTW~~~~

DC4LYFE

Thats how i feel trippi, i honestly dont care what it does on the meter, its more for street beat and hair tricks ! :) Granted when people want to throw up numbers, its nice to be able to do that as well

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

Archived