Short Notice Interview Tips?

If anyone could help that would be great.

I won't go into all the details, I'll just say the important stuff.

I was called into the Co-Op coordinator's office at school on Friday, and she told me of a job at a local bank. (Co-Op is a class offered at my HS, where you leave early everyday and go to you job, and still get a credit for it)

Well, the HR person from the bank called me yesterday, and told me to go pick up an application, so I did, got it all filled out.

Now, I'm waiting on her to call back again today, and I could have an interview later today, or any other day this week.

Do you guys have any tips for an interview, especially one on such short notice where I've not had any chance to prepare?

I'm 16, I'll be a senior next year, never had a job before, never been in an interview or anything.

One main thing I'm worried about, I don't own a pair of "dress" shoes that fit. When I ever I go weddings/funerals/anything I have to dress up for, I would wear a pair of black Nikes. But I feel like those would not be acceptable for an interview. Any insight on that?

Also, would it be acceptable to have my cell phone clipped on my belt where I have it on a daily basis, should I keep it in my pocket, or should I just go ahead and leave it in my car during the interview?

Thanks in advance.

On 2/28/2013 at 2:52 PM, Chaise said:

"Now spread your butt cheeks so I can zap your asshole."

2008 Subaru Forester XT

cell phone in the car. get dress shoes. its one of the first things that they notice. have a list of questions that you would like answered. Take notes but ask if its ok if you take notes. I would say take a copy of your resume but im guessing you dont have that available since you have no job history or anything.

BE yourself! This is a great opportunity. Even if its just interview experience. That is a very valuable thing. I know people who dont know a damn thing about what I do that got a job because of how well they interviewed.

One last thing. thank them for their time as you end. If at all possible follow up the next day again. by email or by phone etc.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

cell phone in the car. get dress shoes. its one of the first things that they notice. have a list of questions that you would like answered. Take notes but ask if its ok if you take notes. I would say take a copy of your resume but im guessing you dont have that available since you have no job history or anything.

BE yourself! This is a great opportunity. Even if its just interview experience. That is a very valuable thing. I know people who dont know a damn thing about what I do that got a job because of how well they interviewed.

One last thing. thank them for their time as you end. If at all possible follow up the next day again. by email or by phone etc.

2X

And if they ask where do you you see yourself in 5 years say still working for what ever place it is you are having the interview.

PPI dbl din
DC Level 3
1.77cubes net tuned to 33htz.
DC audio 2.0k
CT Pro Audio 8" in front, 6.5 in rear

dc_audio.jpg

I agree 100% with everyting n8ball said. If you can't afford dress shoes, see if a friend or relative will let you borrow a pair. Don't forget black socks too!. I also did co-op my senior year, so I can relate. Just remember small things: smile, language, confidence (DO NOT BE COCKY). Also, do some background research into this place, I've had several places ask "So what do you know about our company?". Be honest because anything you say can and will come back up later. Even tho you dont have any work experience, you can still put together a basic resume.

Just keep in mind...first impressions are HUGE when it comes to things like this. Appearance, posture, everything. Its a tough economy right now, and there's TONS looking for jobs...but with the proper prep work and attitude, you can get it bro. Good luck.

1989 Chevy Caprice Classic
350ci V8 High Performance

JVC Arsenal HU

JL XR series components

Infinity Reference 6x9s

Pioneer Premier 4-Channel

Clarion 2-Channel

Rockford Fosgate Series 1 2-Channel

Fusion 2000.1D

MTX Crossover

RF, Knu, Kicker, and Monster wiring

NVX VCW 12in. Sub **Won on here from the Sonic contest!**

*Build log coming soon!*

Starting all over pretty much which the gear listed...lost almost everything I had, including my life. Never take life and what's in it for granted.

If this is late for the interview i apologize, just saw the post, but for future reference, for anyone and everyone who doesn't have any job experience for any reason, you can still make a resume but instead of job related, you can do a resume of the clubs and sports you did in school, any awards you have accepted for any reason (keep it appropriate, employers don't want to know you chugged the most beer or ate the most live gold fish or whatever lol) Anything that you feel is important to you, make a list and put it in chronological order, starting with the most recent first. Make sure you put the beginning and end dates or atleast the years you were involved with the sport, group, club, etc. Also if you have any certificates or paperwork that you could use as "proof" to backup your resume helps as well. You are never to young to start making a portfolio of yourself to showcase what you have done with your life instead of just saying you took up space. Employers want to see that you are an involved individual and that you work well with others and if you can show them you do that in school or wherever, you have a better chance of being called for a second interview. Good luck!!

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said:

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

Thanks for all the tips guys, if you have any more, it would be great to get some more.

I just got back from a friends house, got a pair of shoes to borrow until this weekend when I can pick some up for myself.

On 2/28/2013 at 2:52 PM, Chaise said:

"Now spread your butt cheeks so I can zap your asshole."

2008 Subaru Forester XT

Thanks for all the tips guys, if you have any more, it would be great to get some more.

I just got back from a friends house, got a pair of shoes to borrow until this weekend when I can pick some up for myself.

good advise already. just sell yourself to them. talk up your best,strongest qualities that will have a positive effect on the work place your applying for. and if asked about your last job its never a good idea to say anything bad about it, such as "my boss was really rude" or the peopl i worked with did this BS all the time" kinda stuff. just my .02 mang and good luck with it. keep us updated too mang :drinks:

Some really good pointer already givin, give em hell and good luck mane! Its a tough economy so i hope you nail it!

• 2 weeks later...

For those of that told me to keep you updated:

I FINALLY got a call from the head HR person at the bank, and I'll be going in for my interview next Monday.

:D

Congrats man, I got to get some shit straightened out before i can get me a job. Cant wait tho.