Sonic Electronix

Which way should my port be facing?

I know this thread is 2 months old but since I'm already here.

I got an accord, its a trunk car and I currently have a 18" in it, sub up firing into the trunk lid and port up too but the box is slid all the way back so the port is firing up right under the spoiler.

If I were to build a new box, around 5.25cuft tuned to 35hz after sub and port displacement..should it sound better with the sub up and port back?

what year accord? I would think if you fit an 18 in there, regardless of year, you probably dont have much space in between the sub/port and trunk lid.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

Test it and see, it will be dependent on if that sub likes that type of loading with the port.

I am, when I get money for mdf and the basic supplies with some fiberglass too that is.

Ive always heard port and subs toward the trunk

I have both facing trunk and minimal space between the trunk and box

The problem is I dont have enough top to bottom clearance to fit a ported box with the 18" and port facing back towards the trunk lol.

I have a 98 eclipse hatchback. For numbers its louder sub/port up. For daily it sounds better sub/port back.

I have a trunk so its a completely different story haha

what year accord? I would think if you fit an 18 in there, regardless of year, you probably dont have much space in between the sub/port and trunk lid.

97, lol I got about a good 3inches clearance from the top of the sub to the bottom of the trunk lid when its shut.

So yeah I heard sub up and port back would be better than both sub and port up but I figured I should ask around for other peoples advice and thoughts on the matter.

I have a 98 eclipse hatchback. For numbers its louder sub/port up. For daily it sounds better sub/port back.

I bet if you tried sub up port back it would be louder.......

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

In my experience in a trunk vehicle sub back port back does the best unless you intend to seal the box off from the trunk firing forward then it would be loud as well

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

wasnt in my 98 GSX

interesting a hatch that didnt get louder that way.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I know this thread is 2 months old but since I'm already here.

I got an accord, its a trunk car and I currently have a 18" in it, sub up firing into the trunk lid and port up too but the box is slid all the way back so the port is firing up right under the spoiler.

If I were to build a new box, around 5.25cuft tuned to 35hz after sub and port displacement..should it sound better with the sub up and port back?

be prepared for some serious damage to your trunk

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

be prepared for some serious damage to your trunk

Haha I got 20sqft of second skin on the trunk lid alone cuz it was my top priority, every other place is just foamed until I get some funding (being a full-time college student with no job is harsh lol).

Anyways my trunk lid is already warping and I had to take my spoiler off cuz it was starting to crack and split up 1 side where it was mounted and my 3rd brakelight on it.. well 2 of the screws snapped off so the whole thing was just flapping and sounding like shit, so, I ended up taking off the spoiler and taping up the holes where it used to be.

Archived