Sonic Electronix

lets look back at your first shows you attended... mine were the highschooldrags/usaci at bandimere speedway back in 1991...

I know when i showed up to these shows i was completely impressed with the demo vehicles that were around as well as the people competing. for example

the mtx van with 12 12s

the fosgate van with 4 18s

the lanzar van with 12 15s

the alpine lamborgini

36 6 inch subs in wall

4 15s in a blowthrough

etc...

and these systems were huge! and played all damn day! thats what got me interested in car audio.

now we have all these burp and test tone vehicles just killing the sport.

all the classes and rules are rediculous. "only 2 batts only one alt, only 1 layer of matt"

then there is the T.L. that only reads "Pressure" last time i checked SPL stood for SOUND PRESSURE LEVELS. and my mids and highs all register and add to that at least on the AC they did. so what has happened here? since when has a pressure sensor been more accurate than a microphone anyways? it would seem that the T.L. is just more consistant from one to the other. but does that make it accurate?

so i just felt like venting. if you dont like me than oh well! but when i show up in your town expect to get put down!

R.I.P.

this is spam imo, its not allowed here

how the fuck are rules and regulations bad? if we didnt have those then we would have ray's hummer and me in the same class and ray would play like 20db louder than me. not very fair is it? its all there for a reason, to make sure the competition is as fair as possible.

the AC is a microphone as far as i know and the termlab is an actual pressure sensor.

how are burp vehicles ruining the sport? do you know what the hell those guys go through to make their shit absolutely perfect? lets see you burp a fucking 180 and say it was easy.

a microphone measures noise, a pressure sensor measures pressure, big difference there noob. TL's are more widely accepted than an AC because for one, a TL is a pressure sensor that is calibrated up the ass to be as accurate as the next TL and you can change the score like 10db on an AC by turning a god damn knob. not a good thing if you ask me.

stop bitching about everything and learn a thing or two.

oh yea and your attitude, "but when i show up in your town expect to get put down!" we dont need your god damn snotty attitude around here. who cares if you're louder than the next guy? i really dont care if there are members on here that are louder than me. if they dont brag about that shit on a daily basis and offer tips on how to do this and this, then im gonna read that shit so i have a better knowledge about this and this.

good luck when you want help and we wont help you and you will be like wtf did i do to make everyone hate me?

slow it down hot rod. ive been doing this for 20 years. i hold the state record in colorado with a system designed to play music!

and yes burp systems are easy! at least to me they are. so i will go ahead and make my crx into a the loudest one on the plannet. just to prove so! and i will use 1 amp and 4 subs! so lets see if i know anything i mean after all.... i am a noob

In OP defense you had to be there.. the systems back in the 80's and early 90's were great systems and you played music at competitions.

Now i do agree with more classifications to even the playing fields. I personally like Meca rules the best and there classification system is better then DB Drag in my opinion.

Hey, OP!

S.T.F.U.

Start your own league....

perhaps you should look on other forums. next year there is one i am starting.

BassControl (2 out of 3 runs) winner moves on to next round.

129.9, 139.9 149.9.

PSPL (Pure SPL) which is the Loudest possible SPL.

2 catagories

1.) in vehicle

2.) in port

TSPL (TRUE SPL) mic anywhere in the vehicle in front of the seats front row of seats.

this will be power classes at rms of the amp at clamp power ( no more cheater 4 ohm rated amps that claim 500 watts and do 5000WATTS!)

Disturbing the peace ( loudest SPL outside of the vehicle)

mic is set on a 180 degree swivel outside of the vehicle at ear level 6 feet away.

single sub - 2 12s

2 15s to 2 18s

3 subs and up

so there are still some fine tuning to do

perhaps you should look on other forums. next year there is one i am starting.

BassControl (2 out of 3 runs) winner moves on to next round.

129.9, 139.9 149.9.

PSPL (Pure SPL) which is the Loudest possible SPL.

2 catagories

1.) in vehicle

2.) in port

TSPL (TRUE SPL) mic anywhere in the vehicle in front of the seats front row of seats.

this will be power classes at rms of the amp at clamp power ( no more cheater 4 ohm rated amps that claim 500 watts and do 5000WATTS!)

Disturbing the peace ( loudest SPL outside of the vehicle)

mic is set on a 180 degree swivel outside of the vehicle at ear level 6 feet away.

single sub - 2 12s

2 15s to 2 18s

3 subs and up

so there are still some fine tuning to do

is this gonna all be on an AC meter since thats the meter you scored 160 whatever on and you brag about it? didnt you score a lot lower on a TL cause the gain on the AC was way up?

Scored (Sub2weeker) over a 158+ on the TL, what do YOU DO?

not the point im trying to make. hes posting a score on an AC. and you just proved to me that it is infact 10db lower on the TL.

So wait, you think rules and classes are ridiculous, so you are creating your own league with rules and classes?

There are rules and classes for the same reason there are rules and classes for just about any competition. Just think how drag racing would be if there were no rules and classes. What good would it do the sport if only the top fuel dragsters won? It would automatically rule out anyone with a smaller budget. The sport would be boring and one sided. Is it amazing, terrifying, deafening, and awesome to hear a top fuel dragster go down the strip, all 8000hp and 300+mph in a matter of about 4 seconds? You bet your ass it is, I wouldn't trade that experience for anything. However, funny cars are just a bit more exciting because they are always on the verge of everything going wrong. They are slower however, so nobody would race them as they would lose most of the time.

It's the same with car audio, yes the huge cone area systems are the draw. But it is equally as cool to see the people do as much as possible with small amounts of equipment. The variety is one of the things that keeps the sport interesting and available to everyone. I am glad that you can put lots of stuff in your van, but I am even more glad that I can compete while not being able to stuff my car full of subs and such.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

the fosgate van with 4 18s

R.I.P.

I remember that Van, I got to sit in it at a competition in my area back in the day. Wish I could find pictures of it, this was the astro van correct?

Archived