Sonic Electronix

is it easy to get sponsors?? wat if i really wana be about of the whole car audio and do great builds nd wat not. would i be able to get a sponsor? i really really really got into all this and i wana do it big. any advise tips or comments? im curious on how i could get a sponsor even tho rite now my set up is not that hardcore. but heey.. upgradin soon :)

What I have found. First and fore most, you have to be either a competetor, or have a decent show pice. With out one or the other, your most likely not to get any. Companies are only going to invest in people who are going to advance the company name. And you cannot do that if your not a shows displaying the companies products.

Edited by blade7022

<>< Collosians 2:13-14, Philippians 4:13, 1 John 4:7-10

2 - JBL W15Gti

2 - JBL BP1200.1

Knu 1/0 Wiring

Kenwood KIV-BT901

Kenwood/Garmin Nav.

sponsorships are practically obsolete nowadays. but if you know your stuff or have done well in the past or show some solid work you can typically get ahold of some companies and they can give you a better deal than a dealer would. but honestly there is pretty much no hand outs anymore.

smd-banner_zpsu2ojqise.png

every kid out there (myself included) wants "to do it big"...i mean who doesnt

you need to compete and do decent

you need to know what u are doing so u dont ruin equipment left and right

and like hank said....a full sponsorship doesnt really exist anymore (extremely rare)...basically its just discounted prices on things..but u still gotta pay to play

i likes me some audio stuff...

companies dont just hand out sponsorships...they need to benefit from doing so and you earn them.

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

make your car and your self known on youtube, and out at shows *if you compete or not* and start talking to companys.. my car is getting out there, and i have 0 sponsors but i do get stuff on the cheaper side now :)

Edited by Team_DC-Derrick

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

is it easy to get sponsors?? wat if i really wana be about of the whole car audio and do great builds nd wat not. would i be able to get a sponsor? i really really really got into all this and i wana do it big. any advise tips or comments? im curious on how i could get a sponsor even tho rite now my set up is not that hardcore. but heey.. upgradin soon :)

well, in my case, when i got sponsored by kicker.... i had to spend boatloads of money on my setups to be competitive, i competed for a few years, earned a good reputation, won tons of shows, was always fair with other competitors whether i won or lost, and showed that i was willing to travel all over to do big shows where the products could be seen.

you gonna have to spend lots of money, do lots of show, and show the manufacturers that its worth it for them to invest in you.

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

Be at the absolute Top level of building show cars, win a few world championships, Represent yourself and your vehicle in a very professional manner, promote what you do.

Do all of this on your own dime for a few years, then you can start seeking out manufactures to team up with for "sponsorship" Which even at the top level consists of a good discount, but more importantly includes major product support, booth space at trade shows, marketing exposure like ads and website spots.

But you got to pay to play first.

To really benefit and be eligable for sponsorship, you cant simply be looking for a discount to "go big". You have to already be big and look at teaming up to further your career in this industry and help a manufacturer grow and get more exposure.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion