Sonic Electronix

The most stupid car audio rumors

Ive had this one before..

"My 2 12s must be better because they make my car rattle more than your 2 18s" <_<

7w1lnOR.jpg

2004 Bagged Trailblazer

(4)18" Sundown Nsv3s
(4) Taramps HD10000s, Taramps DSP3000, Lanzar opti 250x2, AB 100x4
(2)DC power SP 270s, (14)XS Power d3100s, (1)d6500

Lol he lives in apple valley. He's the kinda guy that no matter what you tell him he plays it off like he don't care and goes back to being Mr. Cool douchbag. Lol my sister even knows not to mix subs and she even tried telling him!

actually...that's pretty common for apple valley, Victorville, Hesperia...that whole damned place. some guy in Adelanto wouldn't listen for nothin' ... strapped 3 different amps together. he said they'd be fine. i said nope. he said what do you know....i got my fire extinguisher...and needed it

Principal

JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it

My local show fav is when someone comes up to you, looks over your system ( in my case the 16 pbx 12's ) and says " yeah thats cool, I had to sell my system because i got tired of replacing broken windows"

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Had a guy this past weekend tell me his 4 12s on 2k did a 163 and that he sat in a car that did 187db.. I just laughed at him.

2 Fi BTL N2 18s Fully LoadedSundown Audio NS-1Kenwood 845 HU Clarion EQ4 Juicebox 3100sKnu Wire"Big 3"Mechman 270a156.3dBTeam GG.

Pardon my noobieness, but the capacitor stopping your headlights from dimming makes sense to me in theory. A capacitor charges up and holds that charge until it is drained, so it should keep the stress off the battery, right?

2004 Ford Mustang GTPioneer DEH-P7200HD head unitMach 460 Factory System

Cadence FXA1600.2

Cadence S2W10

Cadence 4 AWG wiring

Ported box, 2 cubes, 32 hertz

Pardon my noobieness, but the capacitor stopping your headlights from dimming makes sense to me in theory. A capacitor charges up and holds that charge until it is drained, so it should keep the stress off the battery, right?

Yes they could work, but for the amount of power an amp needs it doesn't do terribly all that much. I think that a 1 farad cap can hold about the same amount of power as a 9v battery. So not much.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

Lol he lives in apple valley. He's the kinda guy that no matter what you tell him he plays it off like he don't care and goes back to being Mr. Cool douchbag. Lol my sister even knows not to mix subs and she even tried telling him!

actually...that's pretty common for apple valley, Victorville, Hesperia...that whole damned place. some guy in Adelanto wouldn't listen for nothin' ... strapped 3 different amps together. he said they'd be fine. i said nope. he said what do you know....i got my fire extinguisher...and needed it

Lol yea this area is bad about that stuff. I remember back when I was in high school and didn't have much knowledge about car audio, I would go to the local cruise nights and blow away anyone else's setup. If I only knew then what I know now!

[quote name='BulletInjection' date='21 August 2010 - 10:50 AM' timestamp='1282405856'

"pro boxes are the best boxes hands"

A guy at one of my local shops said you get double the bass out of a probox hahahahah

2014 Chevy Silverado Crewcab

1994 Chevy Full Size blazer

best box tuning is 30hz

4 twelve inch subs is like having 1 48inch sub

my box is to big for competitions

dr. subwoofer

haha best comment in this topic lol, you forgot that having 30k cash makes you cooler,and 15's can excurt to change your box size.

15"AA havoc, AQ1200d. T3 audio 6.5 2 way componet set on rockford p400.4

No lie this happened to me last night.

I've got a buddy who claims that his pre-loaded 2 12'' Polk Momo enclosure on a 1000w kenwood amp(aka $500 bestbuy system) broke out his back windshield of his '03 Accord because he had the subs facing in the cabin with the rear seats down. :orly3:

He then continued to rag on my system b/c he's one of those kids who has never heard of real brands before so of course he's like "wtf is a Fi? AQ? sounds like some cheap ass brand, etc." After I gave him a demo, he knew my Q15 was way louder, so then he started shit talking my mids/highs LOL

2002 Camry XLE

35% tints all around

17'' Enkei FD-05 rims

Fi Q15 in 3.8cu ft box tuned to 32Hz

Pioneer DEH-P7200HD

AudioQue AQ1200d

4 Gauge Tsunami wiring/RCA's

mids/highs - OEM JBL system

AudioTechnix Deadner

Big 3 upgrade

My YouTube

Archived