Craigslist - Fail Of The Month

Hello Mr. Chandler,

It does sound awesome, even with the lower end subs I have (for budget reasons). Thanks for your interest in my enclosure. The External Dimensions are as follows: 51 3/4 Inches by 26 3/4 Inches by 15 Inches in height. Then the Port Exit extends another 4 inches approximately on the one side. To be honest, your subs might be too big as far as depth is concerned. My subs don't sit as deep as the T1s do, so your subs definitely would take up more space than mine, thus reducing the internal volume.

As far as the tuning is concerned - I built this the end of summer 2009 and all of the technical data that I researched and used was on my HP laptop, but unfortunately in Feb 2010, the Motherboard fried. I managed to get the information from my hard-drive, but it has taken me a while already and I am having issues locating the data that you've requested. So with that said, going from memory, I believe I originally tried to tune it between 28 and 34 Hertz. I'm not 100% positive however. Additionally, there was a lot more complex math involved in obtaining the proper tuning frequency because of the way I designed the port system. Hope that helps.

Sincerely,

Chad

he replied to my email... i think he knows big words but not big sound.... he's a fruit loop...

JVC AVX-44 and 360.2

Subs: 2 RF T1 12s 1ohm mono off a RF T1500bdcp 80hz \/ in a 2.3cube 45hz slot port

Mids: 2 O2 8's off a Punch 550.2 behind seat, 2 Image Cxs 6.5's and 2 ID XS 6x9s 80-3khz in doors on a T600.2

Highs: 2 ID CD.1 MH HLCD 8ohm off a RF 400.4 3khz /\

so after my reply (posted above)

he proceds to say

My Byers,

As far as the tuning is concerned - I built my enclosure the end of summer 2009 and all of the technical data that I researched and used was on my HP laptop, but unfortunately in Feb 2010, the Motherboard fried. I managed to get the information from my hard-drive, but it has taken me a while already and I am having issues locating the data that you've requested. So with that said, going from memory, I believe I originally tried to tune it between 28 and 34 Hertz. I'm not 100% positive however. Additionally, there was a lot more complex math involved in obtaining the proper tuning frequency because of the way I designed the port system.

As far as the db's are concerned, I don't have any idea. With the types of low-end subs I was using (due to financial reasons) I originally made this just for my enjoyment, not for competition. I was using an older Alpine Class-D amp which is rated at 700 watts (also for budget reasons). So, with that said, the only thing up to pro-standards, was my enclosure. I originally installed this in a 16 year old van, with a crappy alternator and a crappy battery. I am almost 40 years old and have two kids, one of which had cancer for two years. So I am not afforded the luxury of spending thousands of dollars on a car audio system, like some others. With that all said, for what it is, it sounded incredible. At the time of my build, I had three separate professionals living on my block that have systems to die for and that do this for a living. One neighbor does everything to a vehicle like West Coast Customs - ALL THREE were quite impressed with the output and sound quality. Plus, being a musician myself and having a taste of many different genres of music, I designed this so that it not only sounded good with rap and deep hitting bass, but it sounded great with metal and the bass response from that.

Lastly, to correct a few misconceptions from your first email; to help clarify any of the technicalities you may have: 1) Yes, I said I spent almost 240 hours completing my project. That includes all of the research, shopping for supplies, designing, fabricating, testing, and clean-up. 2) 12 Multiplied by 21 is 252, not 240. 3)"Almost" can be defined as "not quite all, but close" as thus stated in my advertisement! If you want the legalistic answer, "No, I did NOT spend 12 hours every single day for 21 days in a row. Some days I spent 18 to 20 hours, other days I spent 8 - 10. (When I get passionate about a project, I get quite excited and dig in till I complete it.) Lastly, 4) I never once said my enclosure COST me $1000 to build, I stated I AM SELLING IT FOR $1000, because that is what it is worth to me! I have been self-employed for almost ten years, so I'm quite acclimated to business economics. I never said I was an expert and I never claimed to be cheap either. What I do stand on is that my enclosure sounds amazing - which in my opinion is a job-well-done for an amateur.

Thanks for your time,

Chad S.

then 12 mintues later before i responded

My Byers,

One last thing I forgot to address: As a matter of fact, due to all of the publicity I received from an individual placing me on the "Craig's List Failures of the Month" - Club, I have received and continue to receive numerous emails and phone calls in response to my advertisement. Fortunately I worked a deal with one individual and sold it for $850 Cash. Hope that helps clarify any remaining issues. Thanks again for your reply.

Chad

One last thing I forgot to address: As a matter of fact, due to all of the publicity I received from an individual placing me on the "Craig's List Failures of the Month" - Club, I have received and continue to receive numerous emails and phone calls in response to my advertisement. Fortunately I worked a deal with one individual and sold it for $850 Cash. Hope that helps clarify any remaining issues. Thanks again for your reply.

alright who snitched :rofl:

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

HI BILLY MAYS HERE AND I BUILT THIS SUBWOOFER ENCLOSURE FROM MY BLOOD, SWEAT, AND SPECIAL DUCK TAPE.

00' Nissan Xterra

Always under construction :]

HU: Pioneer DEH3100-UB

Mids & Highs: Kicker DS Component Set & Crescendo tweeters

Mids & Highs Amp: Rockford 150.2

Subwoofer: 2 DC Audio LV 4 18"s

Subwoofer Amp: Hifonics Brutus 2005d

you been hanging out with jeff and dustin with that green paint? its yellow so it has to be loud.

HI BILLY MAYS HERE AND I BUILT THIS SUBWOOFER ENCLOSURE FROM MY BLOOD, SWEAT, AND SPECIAL DUCK TAPE.

El Oh El

EDIT: and Cocaine.

^^^and glued together with magic putty lol

And cleaned up with OxyClean!

Warning, you are taking advice from a noob with 0 install experience at this point, any advice I give is strictly based on information gathered via the intrawebz and lots of forum surfing over a period of 2 months

If you are considering buying a DC Level 5, do it. Don't think about it, just do it. It'll work.

go to lowes get bricks wait in yard. throw said brick at vehicle. If thats me and that just happened to me Im going looking for him after that.

1. Goto lowes

2. Get some bricks

3. ???

4. PROFIT!!

Profit from everything. LOVE ideas like this. xD

Archived