if you have to ask then you probably shouldn't be doing it. there are plenty of cars that have been transformed from fwd to awd but the camry is a horrible base. you will never get the TT engine and drivetrain to work in the camry. with the money you'd spend making the camry awd, you could just buy an evo or sti. or a 600-700hp 1990-1994 eclipse

if you have to ask then you probably shouldn't be doing it. there are plenty of cars that have been transformed from fwd to awd but the camry is a horrible base. you will never get the TT engine and drivetrain to work in the camry. with the money you'd spend making the camry awd, you could just buy an evo or sti. or a 600-700hp 1990-1994 eclipse

And you didn't read why I'm doing it... fail. Camry is an awesome base btw... and the TT engine will fit but the drive train wont yeah... It'll be 1000% custom and like I said "my friend" will be doing a lot of the work since he's the pro and I can do a few things...

another thing: I will probably end up with a Subaru WRX STi like this one

subaru-wrx-sti-2-door.jpg

and customize it like this

fast-furious-4-subaru-wrx-sti-3.jpg

LOL jk but yea I like the hatchbacks

edit: again like I said money ain't a thang lol

My stuff

'06 Scion xA:

-Alpine iDa-x100

-Alpine KTP-445 Power Pack

-Polk Audio db6501 (front components)

-Polk Audio db651 (back coaxials)

-2 RE Audio SEX12D4s

-Cadence F1200-1D

- Custom box tuned to 33Hz

- Kinetik HC1400

- 50 ft2 of Audio Technix sound deadner

- Big 3

My photography page

if money aint no thang then do it. cutout the firewall move the front seats back about 6-7" along with the pedals and extend the steering column a bit (better F/R weight ratio moving the driver back) and drop in a S4 drivetrain...6 speed and v6 TT <_<

better yet buy another camry and put the engine from camry 2 in the back seat area of camry 1 and have a real AWD monster :)\\ :ehh:

DCAUDIO

BALLS DEEP

just buy an awd eclipse, evo, suby, audi, or a truck lol your gonna be spending alot of time and money in the car you already have building the motor and swapping to awd. if its worth it is up to you, but i would just rather save the money and keep the reliability by buying a newer already boosted awd car if thats what your going for.

apparently you dont get the fact that the subaru was wrapped around a pole. and by the status of your comment, im guessing your mouth is too.

Vehicle: 1997 Honda Civic EX

Exterior: 55w 5k Headlights and 35w 3k JDM Fogs. Lowered. Sittin on steelies right now

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate P450.4

Batteries: Kinetik HC 800

Electrical: Big 3 in 1/0

Enclosure: n/a : (

Headunit: Clarion VZ409

Mids/Highs: Pheonix Gold Rsd6.5's in the Front Doors

Subwoofers: n/a : (

Wire: Knukoncepts 1/0 and 4g

Future Upgrades: 20% tint all around, GC/Koni coilovers, body work (fml) lol

And you didn't read why I'm doing it... fail. Camry is an awesome base btw... and the TT engine will fit but the drive train wont yeah... It'll be 1000% custom and like I said "my friend" will be doing a lot of the work since he's the pro and I can do a few things...

edit: again like I said money ain't a thang lol

and when you blow transmissions left and right because the precision isn't within a hundredth of an inch, you will realize how terrible of an idea it was. those drivetrains are as fragile as a 90 year old woman's hip. and if "money ain't a thang" then why the hell did you buy a camry to begin with!?

My brother, me, and a friend did an AWD swap on a convertible eclipse GST and its now and AWD convertible monster lol... No more spinning lol...

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

My brother, me, and a friend did an AWD swap on a convertible eclipse GST and its now and AWD convertible monster lol... No more spinning lol...

did that same swap with a friend on his car. bought a 1g donor car and made an awd 1g powered spyder

just buy an awd eclipse, evo, suby, audi, or a truck lol your gonna be spending alot of time and money in the car you already have building the motor and swapping to awd. if its worth it is up to you, but i would just rather save the money and keep the reliability by buying a newer already boosted awd car if thats what your going for.

sssoooo your telling him to go ahead and do what everyone else does? :No: bbboooo....I believe if OP wanted to be like everyone else he probably would. wheres the originality in going out and buying one? even customizing, fabricating, modifying any of the above, you'd still be just like everyone else. its like buying a mustang....

So OP, go fuckin do it man. Life wouldnt be fun if everything was at our every disposal. research the piss out of it first though...

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

I'm sorry, I'm facepalming myself into oblivion right now and will definitely post later from an actual pc my thoughts.

awd so you don't burn out your tires when stepping on the gas? The tt engine will not do that and even if it did, that is why an important but overlooked mod is the suspension and tires. You do not need awd to have traction.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

if money aint no thang then do it. cutout the firewall move the front seats back about 6-7" along with the pedals and extend the steering column a bit (better F/R weight ratio moving the driver back) and drop in a S4 drivetrain...6 speed and v6 TT <_<

better yet buy another camry and put the engine from camry 2 in the back seat area of camry 1 and have a real AWD monster :)\\ :ehh:

HAHAHA! I like the two engine idea but sounds a bit too complicated and expensive LOL. maybe later...

I'm gonna have a daily driver obvi... I'm lookin at those Subaru WRX STi 2 doors, I'll probably do some small work on it nothin over $5K...

and when you blow transmissions left and right because the precision isn't within a hundredth of an inch, you will realize how terrible of an idea it was. those drivetrains are as fragile as a 90 year old woman's hip. and if "money ain't a thang" then why the hell did you buy a camry to begin with!?

....... and why is my transmission not precise? I custom built it to the nanometer......

and that camry was given to me more reason to have fun with it...

exactly...

sssoooo your telling him to go ahead and do what everyone else does? :No: bbboooo....I believe if OP wanted to be like everyone else he probably would. wheres the originality in going out and buying one? even customizing, fabricating, modifying any of the above, you'd still be just like everyone else. its like buying a mustang....

So OP, go fuckin do it man. Life wouldnt be fun if everything was at our every disposal. research the piss out of it first though...

THANK YOU! SOMEONE UNDERSTANDS! HAHAHA! Yea I know the research, research, research part, me and my friend will be doing plenty of that:

I plan to switch it to AWD

basically involving a whole new engine bay

I also wanna make it a manual

turbo it (obvi)

carbon fiber a lot to make it weigh less

---Wanna keep it under $25-30K and definitely wont happen till at least senior year of college... if everything goes to plan...

I'm sorry, I'm facepalming myself into oblivion right now and will definitely post later from an actual pc my thoughts.

awd so you don't burn out your tires when stepping on the gas? The tt engine will not do that and even if it did, that is why an important but overlooked mod is the suspension and tires. You do not need awd to have traction.

the final product will smoke the tires if its a FWD... yes maybe not just the TT engine but it'll be custom turbod and what not... plus after some thought I may just get a new motor and rebuild it...

idk this is just an idea thats been on my mind for a while and I want to do sometime in the future... I like the camry base and will be cleaning EVERYTHING out till its just the frame... then working with that...

I started this for some input and ideas, if you wanna hate f*ck off, like mbdblue said I want it to be super original and maybe the only one ever done like this... and I'm hopin this build will take a while I enjoy workin on stuff like this

edit: sorry lemme address what ur saying lol... traction yea can be gotten succesfully with good tires and suspension yes, but why is the lamborghini AWD? (i kno its got 100x more power) AWD just accelerate faster and have better handling. for example the new infinitis AWD system is incredible and faster than the RWD...

and another thing I plan on having a system in the trunk that will really mess up the weight balance and already my cars tires spin (yes yes the suspension is stock and that problem would be fixed with a better suspension and what not)

But let me address the real reason I'm doing this...

To make the coolest damn Camry you've ever seen. Period.

---I plan to learn a lot as I take it apart and build this almost completely custom system....

AND again let me say this is an idea NOT written in stone, so I'm looking for GOOD criticism about why something will/will not work, good advice when doing a project like this, etc.

Shit like your retarded by a new car is stupid... I WILL have a daily driver and WILL be working on this car in increments with my friends help... He's re-built one car and is pretty darn good at welding and metal work...

My stuff

'06 Scion xA:

-Alpine iDa-x100

-Alpine KTP-445 Power Pack

-Polk Audio db6501 (front components)

-Polk Audio db651 (back coaxials)

-2 RE Audio SEX12D4s

-Cadence F1200-1D

- Custom box tuned to 33Hz

- Kinetik HC1400

- 50 ft2 of Audio Technix sound deadner

- Big 3