doug118 Posted November 19, 2010 Report Posted November 19, 2010 I see everyone blaming the shop for a horrible install but no one seems to look at it this way Customer walks into a shop and says I have $2500 for equipment and install. Equipment costs $2000. That leaves $500 left for materials and labor. Now what shop will do a badass blowthrough box, amp rack, wiring install, etc for only $500!? I just pulled those numbers out of my ass but basically you get what you paid for. No one knows what that person paid for labor alone. Now if the guy paid $2k for the intsall then he got fucked but we don't know if he paid $2k or $200. So don't be so quick to knock the shop unless you have every detail. Installers on here.. How nice of an enclousure would you build me if I said hey I have $200 to spend, do what you can to get it done 2001 Tahoe. Huge front stage and 55+ substage http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/196418-another-tahoe-build-huge-front-stage-and-155-substage/
Twistedchild420 Posted November 19, 2010 Report Posted November 19, 2010 Mad debeez yo My POS Bass machine-2003 Hyundai Santa Fe on some shitty 22'sBed Liner Paint Job-Pioneer AVH 3200DVD4 DAD BD series 15's in a 4th Order (Bassheads ENT Design)4 Arc Audio XDI2000.1 for the woofers6 Cadence CVL68MBX 6.5's-Cadence CVL88MBX 8's-6 Cadence XT20 Supertweeters2 Arc Audio KS300.4's for mids and tweets1 Arc Audio ALD 10v Line DriverAll Audiotechnix Power wire1 DC Power 270XP High Output Alternator1 XS Power D3400 up front....6 XS Power D3100's in the rearAir Lift 1000 Bags in rear to help with suspensionIf your still reading this GFY.......
thebiggmann12 Posted November 19, 2010 Report Posted November 19, 2010 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLi3dZ9IgKA
TeamHT Posted November 19, 2010 Report Posted November 19, 2010 I see everyone blaming the shop for a horrible install but no one seems to look at it this way Customer walks into a shop and says I have $2500 for equipment and install. Equipment costs $2000. That leaves $500 left for materials and labor. Now what shop will do a badass blowthrough box, amp rack, wiring install, etc for only $500!? I just pulled those numbers out of my ass but basically you get what you paid for. No one knows what that person paid for labor alone. Now if the guy paid $2k for the intsall then he got fucked but we don't know if he paid $2k or $200. So don't be so quick to knock the shop unless you have every detail. Installers on here.. How nice of an enclousure would you build me if I said hey I have $200 to spend, do what you can to get it done sigh....i dont think youre getting it. the issue here is NOT THE MATERIALS USED. some people have issues but those are not the main FAILS. are you looking at sub placement? box dimensions? materials used and specs for said materials? are you looking at cancellation? port size? all of these things can be fixed at no extra charge....BY DOING IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME. which is what they were paid to do. Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?
TeamHT Posted November 19, 2010 Report Posted November 19, 2010 and funny you would say not to knock without knowing the full details....coming form the guy who pulled numbers out of the air. lol, calling the kettle black? Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?
kirill007 Posted November 19, 2010 Report Posted November 19, 2010 and funny you would say not to knock without knowing the full details....coming form the guy who pulled numbers out of the air. lol, calling the kettle black? Don't forget that some people want to have some room left in their vehicle... (but still there could be a better job done.) Thinking is the root of all problems... You ALWAYS get what you pay for.
Ray Posted November 20, 2010 Report Posted November 20, 2010 I told him 1 would have been louder. I plan on using 6 for his build. 2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz
techforce Posted November 20, 2010 Report Posted November 20, 2010 speachless.................... ummm..... yeah.....
ChampN252 Posted November 20, 2010 Report Posted November 20, 2010 This reminds me of one of my older builds. Radio and amps were stellar, but I was using budget subs. I had the money to blow then and wanted to see how shitty MA Audio subs really were. I used the MA12D4 to be exact. That shit was surprisingly loud. Those woofers took an ass beating. They lasted longer than I ever expected. The cone separated from the spider on all the woofer, so it fucked up before I got to the show to get it metered. All I really played was chopped and screwed and the box tuning wasn't right for the power I was putting to them. Local shop told me I would have done a 146-7 about 47 Hz I believe. It never got as loud as it could. Every time I added a battery, it got louder. I'm so ashamed to show my wiring, but I didn't care. 2012 Honda Accord Radio: Pioneer AVH-4200NEX
AI James Posted November 20, 2010 Author Report Posted November 20, 2010 I see everyone blaming the shop for a horrible install but no one seems to look at it this way Customer walks into a shop and says I have $2500 for equipment and install. Equipment costs $2000. That leaves $500 left for materials and labor. Now what shop will do a badass blowthrough box, amp rack, wiring install, etc for only $500!? I just pulled those numbers out of my ass but basically you get what you paid for. No one knows what that person paid for labor alone. Now if the guy paid $2k for the intsall then he got fucked but we don't know if he paid $2k or $200. So don't be so quick to knock the shop unless you have every detail. Installers on here.. How nice of an enclousure would you build me if I said hey I have $200 to spend, do what you can to get it done id tell you why my enclosure cost you more then 200 dollars show you examples and let you decide if you wanna get that 200 dollar box somewhere else or get my box for whatever it cost to accomplish what your looking for. By your logic because the customer doesnt have enough money, your supposed to half ass it. wood for a box cost you as a shop the same amount if you do it right or do it wrong. You guy saying most people wouldnt know the difference, that does not make it ok either. As stated earlier in the thread its a salesmans job to educate a customer as to what they are or arent buying. I turn people away or change what they want every single day, by educating people about what works what doesnt work, and why a specific idea may or may not work. Seems peoples shops are lazy as all hell about education of a customer instead take that money because its right there. Dunno about your shops but Rays shop strives off customer service word of mouth and proper installation. "Not even one time have i seen...heh we need the money lets just half ass this one so we can just get the money, we'll do better next time." Half ass doesnt get you a next time. Basck to the most people dont know. one friend is gonna know, and that one friends bad mouth of your reputation is all it takes to plant a seed.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.