Sonic Electronix

can you upgrade any sub to them or do specific companies make them or what?

Yes, if you have one custom built. Not worth it though.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

so really the only advantage would be a smaller mounting depth and more power in the same size?

450deg?

Neo loses power at 160+F depending on the neo grade. The higher the neo grade, the lower the heat needed to dissipate the magnetism

Iam sure N42 is around 200-220, while N52 is closer to the lower number 160ish degrees

Ferrite loses magnetism at around 400degrees- 500 they are down to nothing

We used to BBQ old shifted motors while charged, to loosen the glue, and separate them by a mallet and hands when they cool down

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

450deg?

Neo loses power at 160+F depending on the neo grade. The higher the neo grade, the lower the heat needed to dissipate the magnetism

Iam sure N42 is around 200-220, while N52 is closer to the lower number 160ish degrees

Ferrite loses magnetism at around 400degrees- 500 they are down to nothing

We used to BBQ old shifted motors while charged, to loosen the glue, and separate them by a mallet and hands when they cool down

x2

Neo will start to lose their strength at lower temps but wont fully lose it until reaches its cure temp of... again depending on the grade but about 300 degrees which a coil can reach easily. So NEO is great IF you keep it VERY cool.

Johns.jpgSuburban Coming Soon

ok one thing that a kinda dont want to happen do you think the surrond of the woofer wont be able to handle the power??? also what is the price different on a neo vs a non-neo woofer? and how cool is cool? to keep this wooofers goin at there top efficiency?

also doesnt dc make neo woofers?? as well

CAR

-2005 Ford Mustang (Legand Lime)

H/U

-Pioneer avh 3200dvd

Amps

2 AQ 3500d.1s strapped 1ohm daily .25burps

1Sundown Audio 100.4

1 Sundown Audio 125.2

Subs

4 AQ HDC'4s 12's

Mids and highs

4 Sundown Neo Pro 8s

2 AQ Super Tweeters

Electronical

Mechman 270 unit

1 D3400

2 D3100's

WALLED!

NEO motors have been around for many years.

It's only just recently that they have been gaining more popularity in our realm of the industry.

Advancements in Motor geometry as well as cooling features have made NEO motors more viable and flexible as far as use in various woofer types.

More and more companies are using NEO in certain woofer models, cost is a bit higher than Ferrite motors, but reduced weight is one major benefit.

Other benefits are slowly emerging

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

DC does have them, but not for sale until next year. You want to keep them no hotter than about 150 degrees to be safe. Once you heat them up too much they lose their magnetic force. So that means no clipping your signal!

My bass is louder than your mom...

DC Level 4 15" with Level XL soft parts

Planet Audio BB2400.1

Pioneer DEH-6000UB Head Unit

950 amp Kinetic Battery

ok one thing that a kinda dont want to happen do you think the surrond of the woofer wont be able to handle the power??? also what is the price different on a neo vs a non-neo woofer? and how cool is cool? to keep this wooofers goin at there top efficiency?

also doesnt dc make neo woofers?? as well

ha yes the surround would be fine they wouldn't make a sub that the parts its made of couldn't take the force.

the price difference is what the company wants to charge. and how cool i'd say you want to keep the motor no hotter then 140 to be safe but it all depends on the grade of the neo at which temp it'll start to lose its magnetic force.

Johns.jpgSuburban Coming Soon

i would not be afraid of buying neo , you do know its 160 degrees celsius instead of fahrenheit right?

And to get the motor that hot would be really hard, if you beat on it for hours with overpowering the sub, then yes probably it will get fked up, but the coil will go first.

And with fi's design i think its )(almost) impossible to make it hot enough that it loses its power permanently ;) (but i thought quite a lot of things were not possible to happen with subwoofersm but some people.... Can do impossible stuff to a sub...)

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

• 3 years later...

Archived