New Shop Progress

kingsuv

• 3 weeks later...

And then there were 5........

post-44-0-29627800-1429118464_thumb.jpg

Need to up my supply of routers before I pick up the final lift :ninja:

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

• 10 months later...

Little bit of an update on the shop. I started the Dust collector quite some time ago. Needed to get the airline setup tied in at the same time. Wasn't in the budget so the project sat. Then I got busy, with some laziness between builds. Now that I only have 1 project going, and I'm waiting on parts, I can mess around with this again.

I left off needing to wall mount the dust collector. so I pretty much cut up the one I had, added a cyclone separator and fabbed up a bracket from scratch.

safe_image%205_zpsodtqy31e.jpg

Next was the 4 ft section of clear pipe I picked up for no other reason than to have it look cool. And at 80 bucks a foot, 4 ft was plenty. Only issue was the dia was a tick smaller then the NDS pipe. So I was able to use some Aeroport tube to fit the gap.

safe_image%204_zpsoigjr178.jpg

Kinda looks like a big crackpipe

safe_image%203_zpsbp9ikshk.jpg

Up and hanging. Now to take it all down so I can run the new airline system.

safe_image%202_zpspxwpbs2l.jpg

If you guys havent seen this before, its called Fastpipe, its made by Rapid air. It is a dream to work with. Every part is super nice, and even the install tools are top notch. I expected the pipe cutter to be a cheap get you by tool, not the case, one of the nicer cutters I've ever used.

safe_image%201_zpsbq5enxu8.jpg

The install itself is quick, however my new hip limits my travel up and down the ladder, so it will be a couple nights before everything is up and running.

safe_image_zpsmil3wtie.jpg

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Sounds like you need a shop boy to stop by in the afternoon before work to run up and down that ladder....

Yeah, but they are hard to come by, and even harder to train

More progress.

The swing arm is complete with a couple drop downs.

IMG_20160226_185440_zpsx1b37sve.jpg

IMG_20160226_191400_zpsd8qgibg8.jpg

IMG_20160226_191417_zpstgdrcesv.jpg

The swingarm allows me to move the air and dust collection out of the way when not needed.

IMG_20160226_191905_zpsj1oarmx6.jpg

Finally got the motor and cage assembly hung. Had to do this as an all in one and it was close to 80 lbs to lug up the ladder and balance on my head while I bolted it in. Needless to say I was done working after that.

safe_image_zpstvjfe4ur.jpg

Need to finish off the electrical connections and she'll suck. :D

Just about all the tools are tied in ready to work. One last connection at the far end to make and its off to rebuilding the conference table.

safe_image%202_zps3kvcrf5g.jpg

Still have a shit ton of fittings on the way to complete the air.

Archived