TeamHT Posted December 12, 2010 Report Posted December 12, 2010 Ok...for the OPs sake... Upgrade your alt, mechman 270 is my suggestion. XS S1200 under the hood, D3100 in the back, two AQ2200s one per woofer. Each woofer a D2 wired to 1 ohm. Min two runs of 0 gauge, knu has my vote. Hope you have some work ready for the front stage. Also some deadener. Rattletrap also has my vote. Hit up nightmareaudio.com for a nice design, build, and do a build log. Now, even with a list you can follow to the TEE and still not learn the basics or the why's which I find important. But best of luck Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?
Team_DC-Derrick Posted December 12, 2010 Report Posted December 12, 2010 how about find the power handling of the subs, which is what some one originally asked... and find out what that means because you posted up an amp instead.... and match the rms of both the subs to an amp.... The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube Team DC Audio where theres a will theres a wall....... I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones
TeamHT Posted December 12, 2010 Report Posted December 12, 2010 No way it could ever be that easy... Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?
Eric B Posted December 12, 2010 Report Posted December 12, 2010 OP, I am the Iowa Sundown sales rep. PM me if you need any help. I know those woofers inside and out. 2007 Chevy HHR LT UNDER CONSTRUCTION 1st Place Loud N Low 2010 MWSPL Finals 3rd Place Xtreme 3 2010 MWSPL Finals
OrionStang Posted December 12, 2010 Report Posted December 12, 2010 Alright Boilermaker, look at the OP's first post. No need for him to do this strong a system with such little knowledge. Im kinda new to the loud system scene lol. I know how to hook everything up but I just dont know all the specs as far as wat the best amp is and ohms and all that shit. But when taxes come this yr. i wanna get 2 18" sundown audio subs. This is the specs: # RE: 3.69 ohms SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
TeamHT Posted December 12, 2010 Report Posted December 12, 2010 My god....to the people who still dont know much about audio but think you do...cough cough David and his 5000 max amps....you have no idea what you're talking about. Yes someone could sit down and explain everything in minute details, but...saying magic smoke is not really a negative comment. Grow up. If you think youre going to be able to run 4000 watts with no knowledge whatsoever you better be ready for smoke. Because no way stock elecectrical will be able to supply thhe demand. But then you throw a random and vague question out there like what's the best amp and expect answers that are not in turn random or vague? You guys may not know shit about installing, and I'm sorry on behalf of the people who do that these comments have offended you. This is the internet. There is no best amp. The thread started off without even basic information to help make an informed suggestion. His questions were about amps, with no thoughts as to wiring, alternators, batteries, or anything required to run a system he's not ready for. If you have to ask....dont do it. Get your panties in a bunch? Then just block me. I have no issues helping or advising, in fact receive multiple PMs daily by members asking for advice, help, and break downs. If you don't spare the time to learn, why should we continue to spare the time to help? OP...you want some help? Read Neo's sticky in the general audio and learn the basics of car audio. Then realize what you want in a system. Then research your products. Find an rms, provide a budget, and what electrical upgrades and then some suggestions could be made as to what amps might be awesome for your desired set up. Then read and learn some more. True research. But there's many ways to answer questions. I'm done. That's all I'm saying wasn't intended to freak poeple out. I apologize. I don't understand who's freaking out. The only creaking out I see are people who think the OP is being made fun of. You want to help, then provide an accurate break down explaining current, amps, wiring, and electrical so that he could then build a solid foundation for a higher powered system. But that could take some time then yes? A lot of time, a lot of time that could be better used researching topics and subjects covered many many times. I understand that even though this is like...the millionth time I've heard these questions, and this may be his first, but there is a level of due diligence here. Responsibility is shared. I didnt walk out knowing everything, but I learned. And you can't learn everything by being told. I'd say what he's running may be out of his scope. But if he wants to continue there is a lot that needs to be covered first. Providing specific equipment might help out too. I guess there are too many smartasses, who would rather answer someones question with sarcastic bullshit rather than a response similar to yours, explaing to the op that he should research some more and come back with specific questions... I see a lot of shit like this on the forum(s) these days, and not much is done about it... Hell, when I was researching my build, I was told everything like "if you gotta ask, you shouldn't do it" to "you'll never do it"... If you don't have anything positive to say or add to the thread, keep your comments to yourself... OP, try searching around, there are countless threads ab out everything you'd ever want to know about just about everything car audio related and brands here... Yes, maybe those statements are not 100% true, but no statement ever is. If he has to ask, he's probably not ready. Yes, someone can feel free to break it down, so by all means boiler...explain everything for him. I know he will appreciate it, and he should. But that's a lot of time. And if you read his first post you would see how open and vague the question is. I'm all for helping people but it seems like more and more people are looking for the work to be done for them, not help. I can feel for the OP, and see where youre coming from...maybe the OP can come back to the thread and get the help he needs so we don't sit here all looking like asses. Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?
55437Audio Posted December 12, 2010 Report Posted December 12, 2010 TeamHT I appreciate what you said. And I think we have a fair understanding. Moving forward! On to the poundage! My First Build on SMD (Blow Through) 2004 Ford F-350 SD Lariat Pioneer 3200BT DVD Deck Infinity Reference Components not powered Bully Dog Gauge Cluster Pyro, Turbo, Trans SF3 SCT Tuner W/Customs If you can't Join em' Crush em'
TeamHT Posted December 12, 2010 Report Posted December 12, 2010 Lol, I know. I wasn't saying you, just that to do so can not be done in a short amount of time. And experience will help make things stick, lol. I can't even tell you how many subs, amps, cars, shit...enclosures I've exploded. But I never make the same mistake twice. Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?
Alex K Posted December 13, 2010 Report Posted December 13, 2010 guys notice how the op hasn't even responded to anything wee said. he probably just went out and bought some sonys. 2006 Nissan Z Track. My Feedback Thread i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.
hdorre Posted December 13, 2010 Report Posted December 13, 2010 guys notice how the op hasn't even responded to anything wee said. he probably just went out and bought some sonys. This literally made me lol On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said: On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said: It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15 LMFAO so true Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build) Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium 2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power My Official Feedback Thread
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.