Sonic Electronix

what do you guys think about soundstream in general? also what about their Picasso line??

i would ask exo since i know he has them but he kinda has to say they are good since he is sponsored by them :/

I SCAM PEOPLE OUT OF MONEY... AVOID ME LIKE I AM AN AIDS INFECTED RETARD...

Pretty good, but the whole XXXline of amps are rated at 16volts.......Havent heard much on the Picasso amps, but if wanted awesome SQ, there oldschool Human Reign amps where awesome

HumanReignText.jpg

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

yea..my dad said they were good back in the day( he started over 25+ years ago and stopped in 2000) but he doesnt know how good they are now(just like most companies now)

I SCAM PEOPLE OUT OF MONEY... AVOID ME LIKE I AM AN AIDS INFECTED RETARD...

yea..my dad said they were good back in the day( he started over 25+ years ago and stopped in 2000) but he doesnt know how good they are now(just like most companies now)

They are ok... I have a 4.500 STL, don't get it, overheats like crazy. I know two guys with DTowers and they love them. Stay away from the XXX series if your newer to car audio, they basically have no warranty because in their words "XXX Series do not have flaws so if it breaks it's all on you".

Soundstream had a really REALLY bad stretch for awhile, but they cleaned things up a year or two ago I guess. Outside of that I'm butt hurt when it comes to SS so that is about all I have to say.

I was in the same boat as your dad. Did car audio from 91-99 (still run JL W6's and MMATS in my old Caddy from the late 90's). Coming from his time I would say just stay away from PPI and Orion. If you want hassle free don't buy the gear online find a local shop that does massive volume because if something breaks you can return it if you're cool.

From back then the only amps I would still buy that I used back then are MMATS. Like I said I have 2 that have been beating since 97 or 98.

Edited by UnderLoK

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

Well...

Soundstream is great, honestly. I run the xxx-4000d on 12volt and it does what it's rated for. Good and solid. The D tower amps are awesome and at a great price. They put out the rated power or a little higher. The Picasso series is great. Hell, all the lines are very good.

Of course I may be a little biased since I am also sponsored by them, but you asked.

Team Pinnacle / Team SouthEastSPL / Team SoundStream / Team GPI / GPI Sales Rep for Florida and Georgia

not a fan at all to be honest. seen alot of horror stories. underlok had them and hearing the way he was handled really soured me on them. some guys love them and thye are one of the few companies out there sponsoring folks still.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

The xxx amp I clamped didn't do rated at 12....or 14 volts.

I don't hate them, but I don't like them. And will definitely take my money elsewhere

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

I have the stl 500.4 and yes it gets warm but it does the job well and the shop I deal with replaced the amp for me 2 months ago because I fried it so I stand by it because of the shop owner and what I paid for it but to each his own

SONY XAV-701HD
RF power 400.4 RF power 1000bd

3 Sundown x8's d2
2004 f150 single cab
2 sets of components MB quart 6.5 onx (2 tweets 2 6.5 perdoor)
stock batt up fron
BIG 3

http://www.stevemead...-vid-pg-11-922/

http://www.youtube.c.../TheBigmescan74

they have very good subs!

the t4s are beast! and the xxx subs are also! those are the only series i got to play around with...

idk about the rest, i think imma try out 2 t5s 12" if the local craiglist guy sells them for 50 each haha...

subs are beast, amps are decent.

Griz has redesigned a lot in the line...he's done a great job with it, especially redesigning the reference line of amps that made them so famous back in the day. very well done. Good equipment, and great support from griz and brandon. The rest of Epsilon is meh, but Soundstream is quality stuff

Principal

JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it