Sonic Electronix

Why not just go local for a box? I mean, you're from Tonawanda NY. Dude, I know people in our (Central NY) area that can probably build you a box just as good. I mean, there's guys in North Tonawanda Not saying Steve's boxes are bad but with shipping and all that, it'll be expensive.

Also, LOL @ making a AA SMD fit in a solox 12 box.

Not saying Steve's boxes are bad but with shipping and all that, it'll be expensive.

He doesn't make boxes anymore afaik... He should prolly take that sticky down.

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

Wow. Honestly if you can give it the correct box and more power, your better off with a different sub.

Anything less than 3000rms, a Mayhem will be louder.

And its not rocket science to build a box, you can pay somebody a few dollars and get a design and cut sheet.

Disagree, i think total mayhem said his smd is louder than his mayhem. even underpowered.

its a myth that even ed bust with the tsns, and posted a vid.

they get loud even underpowered very efficient..

Edit: the install and box matter alot tho

i think i read somewhere that 3.5~4.5 cu ft would be the smallest a single SMD should be in since it is not against smaller boxes, but it is such a large woofer, and i think your right about total mayhem, he said he loves his mayhem but this SMD is cleaner and louder, or something to that effect

I'm going to do a 5 cube box. I have a truck now so I can go all out. My box was made for a car. Lol. But I'm sick of going through woofers even when I tune the with an oscope. It pisses me off. The kickers are nice but from all the other ones I've owned they blow fast as fuck.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

no no no i would not run a SMD in <2.5cu ft with a 12" blown solo X as a passive radiator on ~2.5k watts, sounds like a disappointment sorry.

^^^What he said^^^

Please don't... It would be a waste of a great sub, and a disgrace to both Mr. Meade and Ascendant Audio.

Build a real box for it, get some real power for it, do a real setup.

Archived