Sonic Electronix

2 smds 1 kicker warhorse?

so who thinks this could work because im 50/50 right now

Just get it, and if it really is killing your electrical that bad, just back off it and set it lower. Till you beef up your electrical more.

im most likely gonna get that amp first because i don't want the price to go up.

I usually use sonic electronix but they dont ship kicker outside of the US (im in canada)

plus Audio Savings has it cheaper and they do.

now i was wondering if Audio Savings is legit site and not no scam i know Steve has it in his sponsors but just wanna make sure

thanks

they are legit.............they are also a partner here and TONS of people order from them

hmm lots of ........... have u ordered from them?

There is a thread or a post in the forum, about a offer from Warhorses if im right for 1299 or 1399. If we can find it you can save the

first vew bucks for the 2. H/O alt.

yah eh.

i bought it from audio savings fro 1300.00 dollars i made an offer on ebay and they accepted it

I dont see the Hype over the Warhorse personally.. You can get a much smaller amp that puts out more power and is more efficient for the same price

Im in no way bashing Kicker its just that is a BIG ass AMP...The actual amp itself not the power output

Please tell me what amp is smaller and puts out more than 5k at 94+% efficiency and 10k at 90+% efficiency.

Make sure before you order your subs that you are completely familiar with how the warhorse powers your subs. To power 2 subs at 2 ohms per coil you will need to get Dual 1 ohm subs.

After my experience with my 2 SMDs and my Warhorse, you dont have enough airspace to get maximum performance out of the SMDs. I had mine in 3 different boxes. 5.5, 6,and 6.5 per sub after displacements. I did not have the room to go any bigger than the 6.5 per sub after displacements. If I had the room to do what I wanted to do, I would recommend giving the SMDs 7.5-8 ft3 after displacements. The 2 SMDs will take the 10k of the warhorse with NO problems.

I can tell you from what I have done myself that I have just switched from the 2 SMD 18s to 4 DC XL 15s. With basically the same airspace, the XLs (In my opnion) beat the SMDs hands down. Obviously cone area has alot to do with this, but for overall sound quality and performance I am happier with the XLs.

One other thing to think about before buying SMDs is if you decide you dont want them anymore, SMDs are not the easiest things to sell and you wont get anywhere close to your money back for them.

If you have any questions about he warhorse feel free to PM me.

Make sure before you order your subs that you are completely familiar with how the warhorse powers your subs. To power 2 subs at 2 ohms per coil you will need to get Dual 1 ohm subs.

After my experience with my 2 SMDs and my Warhorse, you dont have enough airspace to get maximum performance out of the SMDs. I had mine in 3 different boxes. 5.5, 6,and 6.5 per sub after displacements. I did not have the room to go any bigger than the 6.5 per sub after displacements. If I had the room to do what I wanted to do, I would recommend giving the SMDs 7.5-8 ft3 after displacements. The 2 SMDs will take the 10k of the warhorse with NO problems.

I can tell you from what I have done myself that I have just switched from the 2 SMD 18s to 4 DC XL 15s. With basically the same airspace, the XLs (In my opnion) beat the SMDs hands down. Obviously cone area has alot to do with this, but for overall sound quality and performance I am happier with the XLs.

One other thing to think about before buying SMDs is if you decide you dont want them anymore, SMDs are not the easiest things to sell and you wont get anywhere close to your money back for them.

If you have any questions about he warhorse feel free to PM me.

No offense bro, but it's your truck. I beat some of your scores on around 2.2kw (48@28hz on music 2ohms 13v on one XXX 4K ). On both amps I was into the 50's with a 10 cube box (I only mention this to contrast your opinion). The number one thing with these subs is tuning low and luckily that's where I started. :pardon:

At 5 cubes a sub they sound great with good control on everything from rock, to rap, to C&S. With only doing 3kw a side I could definately get louder with a bigger box, but with the room I have available this is my sweet spot. If the jump in score from 2.2'ish kw to 6kw was any indication the jump from 6-12+ is going to be just as impressive. :drinks:

IMO what you are hearing in your setup isn't SQ. What you are hearing and feeling is the kick the DCs give in comparison. The #1 complaint I have about these SMDs is that they don't kick like a mule. I told you this months ago. What you will find is the DCs hit harder and anyone that has heard SMDs can attest to the difference in sound. These subs are warm, roll, and hum, but don't hit. The opposite can be said for most of the competing brands around here even in comparison to a Mayhem. Could it just be my setup? It could be, but with different box locations (which changes peak from 27hz-32hz), 2 different brands of amps I still had the same result (as far SQ goes), and talking to other SMD users they share my view so I'm not alone.

As far as selling them, the price scares the crowd away without a doubt.

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

I'm running bout 8k (2 SAZ-3500ds) on my 15" SMDs and my electrical consist of 4 XS D3100s as secondary batts and a 320amp alternator from DC, I rest at 15V and on full tilt driving about 40MPH the lowest i'll drop is to 13.5, even with this though.. I want to get a few more XS D3100s. On 8k my SMDs have yet to get warm on store bought music (no bass boosted, etc)

I've talked to Nick from FI and Scott from AA about running 10k (2 SAZ-4500ds) to my SMDs and they told me that it's a lot of power for daily (they know I never back off full tilt ;) ) They told me it has been done in other systems that are working perfectly.

If you are burping, I suggest you get a much, much bigger amp. Either way though, if you run the Warhorse or an amp a few kwrms less powerful you won't hear an audible difference..

1986 GMC Sonoma Chameleon paint lowered sitting on 20" Lexani rims with Pirelli's

Representing Team Sundown ~ AZ Chapter

Head Unit: Alpine iDA-X305S

Front Stage: (8) 7" AA Carbon Fibers (1) MTX TE 1004

Sub Stage: (2) 15" AA SMD (2) SAZ-3500D

Electrical: (1) XS Power D3400 (4) XS Power D3100 (1) DC Power 320Amp Alt

Scores: 152.6 @Kick. 152.0 @Headrest. 151.2 @Windshield.

Raised by Detroit, Livin' with Phoenix!

A friend of mine owns a company that performs competitive analysis on power amplifiers. He has done this for 15 years and is considered the foremost expert in this field. He put the Warhorse through its paces and told me personally, "Dude - this is the most unbelievable power amp I've ever tested." According to him, this amplifier is somewhat of an engineering marvel. It exceeded all published specifications during his analysis of it. Now, in all fairness, he has never had his hands on a T15kw. Regardless, I think you got a STEAL of a deal for $1299.00.

Not only is Audio Savings a Partner of ours here at SMD . . . they're one of our BEST! Don't believe me? Then look at what they put up for this months SOTM! If any of the rest of you are on the fence about buying this amp from Audio Savings at that price, then you should act NOW while the promo lasts!

Keep us posted as to the progress of this build.

Tony Candela - SMD Sales & Marketing
Email me at [email protected] to learn about becoming an SMD Partner!

CEAES_468.gif

Archived