Need Input from SQ guys

LT.Smoke

My Rears have no pull in my car at all... I just didnt want the garbage ass paper cones back there and had the memphis settin round so i tossed em ini there :)

Is there any technical shit i need to look into to make my car sound phenomenal... Im hoping to be able to do really well in the Stock Meca SQ class this year

Also can someone point me to where i can get some good reading material on making Time Alignment adjustments because this is the 1st time ive ever had it in any car ive owned??

I'd also like to see how you do your Time Alignment with your H701. I have one I'll be putting in my car when I finally finish it up.

97 Maxima SE

Bunch of shit going in, check out the build

alpine_logo.jpgSundown_Banner.jpgxspower.png

toss the rears in the trash while your at it. :)

rears are making a comeback...if they're done right they make for a very nice stage. If you can close your eyes and KNOW there are rear speakers they need to be retuned or go away

from a sales standpoint sure run rears. from a tuning standpoint they arent needed at all.

rears are making a comeback...if they're done right they make for a very nice stage. If you can close your eyes and KNOW there are rear speakers they need to be retuned or go away

from a sales standpoint sure run rears. from a tuning standpoint they arent needed at all.

tell that to Steve Cook and Mark Eldridge...WORLD CHAMPIONS running rears. I personally don't use them, mostly because I can never seem to tune them right, but they are quite valuable if you know how to tune with a rear channel (run them mono for one thing)

Principal

JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it

Im in Winchester VA now...

In the Kuntry LOL

I don't know anyone near you who can help...you really do live in the cuntry...

Principal

JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it

I met Mark Eldridge.. His car is GORGEOUS sounding... Also met another guy i believe his name was Steve McIntire or something liek that i know i screwed the spelling of his last name up

Fact of the matter is that i do indeed have rears and they arent going anywhere lol

I just needed some quality input on those few aspects

Btw James if you see Ray tell him to hop on and throw in his .02 please :)

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

building an SQ car into a NASCAR was genius...everyone knows his car

hey i saw that thing at MECA world finals

SDC10275.jpg

was it that one?

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

my .02......

I suck @ SQ I know...

(hi Bill)

LOL

On the rears subject.. well, like Jay I can never get them to not pull and still give that .....whats the word.... "space"..

As for tuning, you will need to do tuning after the swap.

TA, well for that you just start with the measurements, then push and pull from there.

You will hear the image go left and right as you increase and decrease the length or "time"

active... well.. id start with 70 @ 18db on the 6"

and depending on where your tweeter is and how close to the 6" ... but usually about 2.7k up for that tweet @ 18db

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Rears can be used to enhance the width of you stage...

Install should be near perfect before any time alignment/processing is done (if needed anyway)...

Some people are having better luck running 2 way passive instead of active 3 way ... alot less modification to the vehicle ...

Just my suggestion ... Thanks ... Twistedchild420 got a demo of my truck, he might know what I'm talking about ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Archived