did fosgate rip HAT off?

korey_hofer

hmm so the owner of HAT is saying their design was copied? <_< im not saying it wasn't but does anyone really think he wouldn't say that. Also the highest scoring any car doesn't impress me at all. just means they found the best installer to sponsor. look at the pioneer truck. world record until they ran out of sponsorship money and DD got a hold of him. No offence but if you buy anything based on what the world record holding vehicle has your going to be severely let down.... not saying it sucks but unless you plan on buying the car with the shit already installed and tuned your probably not going to be setting any records with the equipment. Just like i cant go out and buy a top fuel engine and put it in my cobalt and expect it to haul ass down the strip (or really even drive at all) you cant buy those speakers and put them in your stock car expecting it to sound like the record holding car

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

hmm so the owner of HAT is saying their design was copied? <_< im not saying it wasn't but does anyone really think he wouldn't say that. Also the highest scoring any car doesn't impress me at all. just means they found the best installer to sponsor. look at the pioneer truck. world record until they ran out of sponsorship money and DD got a hold of him. No offence but if you buy anything based on what the world record holding vehicle has your going to be severely let down.... not saying it sucks but unless you plan on buying the car with the shit already installed and tuned your probably not going to be setting any records with the equipment. Just like i cant go out and buy a top fuel engine and put it in my cobalt and expect it to haul ass down the strip (or really even drive at all) you cant buy those speakers and put them in your stock car expecting it to sound like the record holding car

trust me a real installer knows how to get the best out of anything, and sq comps are much harder than spl. you need much better equipment when you get to the higher levels

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

that statement is an oxymoron... you are right a real installer knows how to get the best out of anything. so you should be able to give stock speakers to a real installer and they will make them sound better the most after-market plug in components. Or you need the best equipment available and if you buy the hat speakers then it doesn't matter if you face them into a seat out of pase they are going to be awesome regardless. or wait :pardon: i must be getting confused here

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

The owner of HAT gave a video tour of the car at CES, its on youtube.

He describes everything as the best ever made, in every piece of the audio setup. Best amps, best headunit, best processor, best in the whole world.

Now, if all the best, I see why it scored the highest.

I think what we are going to see more of is stuff just like this, especially when dealing with overseas factories is a "copy" from brand to brand.

I can see a company like HAT ordering their tweeters from a factory who has outsourced the machining process to other factories. I can easily see a 3rd party supplier making the screw style cups for these tw and then this 3rd party factory also sell these same machined cups to other speaker buildhouses. Hey if I was making little screw cups all day, I would want to make and sell as many as I could to whomever will buy them. This same process can happen with every part in that tweeter. Order your coils from this guy, order your magnets from another. I'm pretty sure a buildhouse like the one HAT uses doesn't machine everything in house

Now you have those cups being sold to 5 other speaker builders who in turn find the same coils to fit and magnets and so on. Pretty soon you have 5 companies selling very similar products, if not the same. All at different "buildhouse" prices based on the clientele they build for. Just because HAT's build prices is X amount, doesn't mean that it was what it cost to make them, Just might be a better sales guy at his buildhouse then the other buildhouses. ;)

The real sad part is, anything can be cloned coming from overseas. and there is not much that can be done on this side to stop it.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

I know there are others than cost more. But regardless, I'm not buying them.

I complain paying a 100 for a pair of mids, much less 700.

If you don't care for SQ, nobody asks you to buy "expensive" components :)

I wouldn't mind paying 500-600 dollars for a decent component set.

EDIT: ford302, i also search around for the best price, but i have a budget and try to get the best for it. :)

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

I know there are others than cost more. But regardless, I'm not buying them.

I complain paying a 100 for a pair of mids, much less 700.

If you don't care for SQ, nobody asks you to buy "expensive" components :)

I wouldn't mind paying 500-600 dollars for a decent component set.

Right.

I haven't gotten into that type of Audio yet.

I'm cheap all around to be honest. I search hard to find the best price.

Archived