Jump to content

MrSkippyJ

Members
  • Posts

    10293
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    22

Everything posted by MrSkippyJ

  1. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/202062-dd1-with-multiple-components/#entry3053452
  2. IMO one amp makes things simpler.
  3. If you are running a 2k to them you don't need any of the upgrades.
  4. sounds like something else is up, you shouldn't be dealing with a dead battery on a 1200 watt amp. How old is the battery?
  5. Yes that tells me you don't know car audio, I owned lots of 4ch amps and this opti 250x4 is the best so far.. The only downfall is the size. It's like almost 3ft long so if space is an issue,it's not the amp for you, but if u want a powerful clean amp this is the amp you want. Gotcha, I will alter my opinion to match yours from now on. Thanks for the insight.
  6. Are you saying I don't know my opinion? That's all I stated.
  7. i would buy a DC or RF before I would run the Lanzar for free if that tells you anything. but again, that is just my preference.
  8. dc isnt going to sell it CJ was willing to sell him what he needs CJ doesn't work for DC.
  9. they do make a pretty good battery from what i hear...also, Will rocks!!!
  10. It's not free air, free air is no enclosure and no separation of front and back waves. Infinite baffle implies the front and back waves are separated. I know I am nitpicky lol
  11. the crimp compresses them into a single piece. look at the picture at the top, it looks like a solid piece of metal, not individual strands.
  12. if the strands are all one though, there isn't any gaps though? I'm just guessing here though, so I could be way off.
  13. if you crimp it correctly, the solder won't really be able to penetrate into the crimp. IMO anyway.
  14. temps for me rarely go below 20! lol I'm not sure what I would do if it got below 10...
  15. I have never even waited until everything warms up. That being said, i live in TN so i don't even know what below zero means!
  16. Can't play as loud in cold temps?????
  17. Next time I am in the market for an amp, this line just might be the one I go for. Solid numbers and I trust the brand!
  18. Looks like it's for a pair, that's a damn good deal of you ask me!!
  19. If you are adding CCF why bother with a second layer?
  20. Some really smart people that know a lot about bandpass enclosures (not me) will tell you to ignore the ratio.
  21. those are rated at 300 watts RMS, 800 RMS is way too much.
  22. if it were me, i wouldn't be relying on battery power to run that at .5 ohm, i would put money into a couple of really high quality, high output at low rpm alts.
  23. OOH fuck I feel stupid. Sorry about that.
×
×
  • Create New...