Wire/Fuse Guide

Guest SyKo13

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Currently I have a 250 amp EA alternator, the big 3 with 1/0 wiring and an optima red top under the hood. I was going to run two 1/0 cables to three optima blue tops. I have a birth sheet for my amp that says 4775 watts rms at 1 ohm(T4K) and the fuse in my amplifier is 500 amps. I was going to run two inline fuses for each power cable (4 inline fuses in all). What size should I use and do I need a fuse on the power wire after the third battery before the amp and if I do what size would I need because the amp already has a 500 amp fuse. Also, I was wondering if I would need more than three blue tops(I am getting blue tops because of warranties and deals I know Kinetik and powermaster are better). If somebody could answer all of my questions I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

I just found a link that helps describe info about fuses and circuit breakers.

This is really just a gloss over about how they work and if I find better descriptions I will post the links.

It can help if you understand fuses.

http://www.autoshop101.com/forms/hweb1.pdf

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

i dont know the true rms on my amp planet audio tt2250d but im using 1/0 with a 150 anl so i should i put a 350 up front? and are you guys saying i should have another fuse in the back as well as the fuses on the amp? iirc mine has internal fuses.

REST IN PARADISE BIG RICH (Sqmonte) never forgotten

Why do you guys ALWAYS dispute on NUMBERS?????

It's such a played out argument, so fucking annoying....

It's 12 fuckin 15's.... It's louder than you... Shut the fuck up...

/Rant

:)

I'm so jealous, it makes me want to club baby seals. That shit gets down HARD!

dont buy from knowledge he will scam you.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/30995-official-knowledge-feedback/

i dont know the true rms on my amp planet audio tt2250d but im using 1/0 with a 150 anl so i should i put a 350 up front? and are you guys saying i should have another fuse in the back as well as the fuses on the amp? iirc mine has internal fuses.

use a 300 amp fuse for the 1/0 and yes use another one before the rear battery(s)

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

Archived