Second Skin Audio

24" Subwoofer - It's ONLY $ 12,500

redbaron80

trash....they don't even have specs on that thing

Exactly what I was gonna say. They've probably never even built an operational one to test it.

Your kidding right?

Your saying they build nonfuctional subs?

Or your thinking they have never build one? Its just all photoshop?

No, they can build 'concept' subs all they want, and take as many pictures of it as they want. Hard to test a sub that ain't the real thing they claim to be building.

Just think of concept cars. They can make all the non-operational concept cars and give an estimated price all day, but they won't have any text data.

But usually concept cars aren't forsale on their website.

IMO this woofer is real and you can buy it.

Mtx needs to demo it...

MTX has several vehicles running around with jackhammers. They even blew two on myth busters, which I'm sure was good for sales. There are also quite a few rappers running around with Jackhammers. There are sales, just not to us normal folk.

They blew 2 up on mythbusters? doing what?

Jammin some tunes. lol

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

It is very amusing to see a company spend the time and investment into a product almost NOBODY would buy, due to price alone.

However, the COOL factor is still there.

Fosgate did the same thing, dont see people shitting on them for it

A lot of companies build expensive things just cause. To say hey, we got this, nobody else has it.

DC has the Level 6, its expensive to be what it is, but nobody is complaining. Everything actually thinks its awesome on this forum.

Yet most average car audio enthusiast can't afford it.

They have it, for the few who actually want something that expensive.

Take the Enzo Ferrari, 500k car. Yet, I can take the Ford GT 250k car, twin turbo it, and it will outrun the piss out of the Enzo with less money.

Still, people choose to buy the Enzo, just cause.

Ferrari will beat it on the track, everyday again and again.

The GT will only win in a straight line.(dragrace)

See what i mean?

THe jackhammer is a good sub, since they didn't do like audiobahn and put a normal motor behind a huge cone.

They rebuild the whole woofer from top to bottom, it's a beast, like the T15k from RF.

T15k is also waay to big, "only" does 15-18kw for it's size.(a SD 16k does the same, at a quarter of the volume needed to install it.)

I'm sure the Jackhammer can be loud and keep on playing for a long time on high power(6-7+k watts) without blowing.

dc Lvl6 doesn't has any specs.. so it's trash too? :facepalm: :drink40:

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

i have a 12" 8 ohm thunder 5000 and its way louder then i was expecting... but i am pushing it to its limits lol

18" Sundown Zv4 D2
JL 1000/1 V1
XS Power D3200

Mtx needs to demo it...

MTX has several vehicles running around with jackhammers. They even blew two on myth busters, which I'm sure was good for sales. There are also quite a few rappers running around with Jackhammers. There are sales, just not to us normal folk.

They blew 2 up on mythbusters? doing what?

Jammin some tunes. lol

they were playing tones from a tone generator. im sure they didnt think to set the gains for the generator and were clipping the shit out of that sub. it was pretty damn funny though. they tried to play it off like the sub was still ok when the car was full of smoke.

my team mates were supposed to be on that episode instead of that MTX truck but they changed it like 1 week before the shoot. I'm sure they were glad to see the jackhammers smoke.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Lol at a thread about MTX hahahaha.

On a serious note, a sub that big would be awsome to have but I'm not a big mtx fan or a fan of any square sub.

04' Chevy Blazer

-Kenwood KIV-BT900, Infinity Kappa 462.9cfp's, Rockford P1653's, Subs... Ridin Stock-

If they paid me $12,500 I would take it... I literally laughed out loud at the Mythbusters episode, when they opened the door smoke was rolling out, as they said it was just "excess glue burning" :rofl:

7w1lnOR.jpg

2004 Bagged Trailblazer

(4)18" Sundown Nsv3s
(4) Taramps HD10000s, Taramps DSP3000, Lanzar opti 250x2, AB 100x4
(2)DC power SP 270s, (14)XS Power d3100s, (1)d6500

It is very amusing to see a company spend the time and investment into a product almost NOBODY would buy, due to price alone.

However, the COOL factor is still there.

Fosgate did the same thing, dont see people shitting on them for it

A lot of companies build expensive things just cause. To say hey, we got this, nobody else has it.

DC has the Level 6, its expensive to be what it is, but nobody is complaining. Everything actually thinks its awesome on this forum.

Yet most average car audio enthusiast can't afford it.

They have it, for the few who actually want something that expensive.

Take the Enzo Ferrari, 500k car. Yet, I can take the Ford GT 250k car, twin turbo it, and it will outrun the piss out of the Enzo with less money.

Still, people choose to buy the Enzo, just cause.

Ferrari will beat it on the track, everyday again and again.

The GT will only win in a straight line.(dragrace)

See what i mean?

THe jackhammer is a good sub, since they didn't do like audiobahn and put a normal motor behind a huge cone.

They rebuild the whole woofer from top to bottom, it's a beast, like the T15k from RF.

T15k is also waay to big, "only" does 15-18kw for it's size.(a SD 16k does the same, at a quarter of the volume needed to install it.)

I'm sure the Jackhammer can be loud and keep on playing for a long time on high power(6-7+k watts) without blowing.

dc Lvl6 doesn't has any specs.. so it's trash too? :facepalm: :drink40:

No need to nit pick, I was just trying to break it down for people.

I could of used different cars, just still made the same analogy.

Archived