Jump to content

Inexpensive hobbies when you're bored


Recommended Posts

Posted

Just curious of what some of you do when there is 'nothing to do'. I need a hobby that is not costly and isn't video games all day. I go to the gym for 1-2 hours a day and thats about it. Audio is in a holding pattern waiting on equipment.

SMD Super Seller


My Feedback Thread

Posted

Atv riding is fun.. Well first you gotta get a bike but once you do its a great hobbie... and gas is good i spend about 8 dollars and ride for about 3 days for about 5 hrs a day

he wouldnt be the first to say they did a 167 with a system like that (one that clearly DOESNT), but i have to say, he didnt beat me anywhere, ive never competed against the guy. If he thinks his does a 167, mine would probably put him in a coma. :hairtrick:

Posted

play guitar. you got the initial investment of the guitar (which i can point you to a good one in the $300-$400 range). After that, a set of strings every month or two at $12 give or take a pack.

Posted

i play disc golf, you can get started for less than 20 bucks at least here. average course length is anywhere up to a mile maybe, or more, so its pretty low impact but i find it fun and its not bad exercise

Posted

Nitro rc cars are fun but can get costly. Figure about $400 minimum for something descent to get started. Fishing works too but can get boring if u don't catch anything like me

99 GMC Suburban

2 Death Penalty 21"

2 Crescendo BC2000

Boston GT-42 Amp

6 Selenium 6w4p

4 Crescendo tweets

Hi output cs144 alt

Audiocontrol Epic-160

Pioneer DVD head unit

Posted

snowboarding in the winter, golf and riding race quads in the summer

Vehicle-2014 Ford Fusion on 20" cruiser alloy obsessions
Subs-4 8" sundown audio E8v3

Sub Amp-Hifonics Brutus Elite 1200.1
box-2.8cubes after all dis tuned to 32hz 4" aero
Mids and highs-2 sets of Memphis PR 6.5 components

Mids amp-Hifonics Brutus Elite 800.4
Deck-Factory Integration
Wiring-Memphis
40sqft of damplifier Pro

http://www.youtube.c...14?feature=mhee

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Posted

You know what's weird....paper mache...ha ha. For my team, we work in a sales oriented environment, we have established a new mascot. So I decided to make a mascot out of paper mache. I seriously have had so much fun I will be doing my own projects next week. And found a recipe for paper mache clay that can harden and be drilled, sanded, painted, carved, and scuplted. I'm curious what I can come up with now.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Posted

You know what's weird....paper mache...ha ha. For my team, we work in a sales oriented environment, we have established a new mascot. So I decided to make a mascot out of paper mache. I seriously have had so much fun I will be doing my own projects next week. And found a recipe for paper mache clay that can harden and be drilled, sanded, painted, carved, and scuplted. I'm curious what I can come up with now.

complete paper mache fabrication for your vehicle? lol

i dunno what you guys call costly, but i think hundreds of dollars is costly, but im poor, lol

Posted

Some good ideas here. I would love to get a quad, but there's nowhere local to ride. There is a golf course across from my apartments, I got a wicked slice to fix. Its in a gated retirement community, so that could get interesting. I could have fun with the paper mache thing, PM me that recipe TeamHT.

SMD Super Seller


My Feedback Thread

Posted

You know what's weird....paper mache...ha ha. For my team, we work in a sales oriented environment, we have established a new mascot. So I decided to make a mascot out of paper mache. I seriously have had so much fun I will be doing my own projects next week. And found a recipe for paper mache clay that can harden and be drilled, sanded, painted, carved, and scuplted. I'm curious what I can come up with now.

hey now that sounds really interesting and cool. you may have to make a thread and enlighten us on that.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4731 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...