Sundown Audio

There is a product I have been after

Jacob I'm asking you because the odds of you designing this is better than anyone else.

For years I have been interested in the idea of a 6.5 inch subwoofer and it seems that with all the effort that has been going into designing high output/low frequency 8 inch drivers that now is the time to start talking about this.

I can see alot of potential for uses for a true 6.5 inch subwoofer.

What are your thoughts on this idea?

Mostly I'm thinking subs that work well with being mounted in doors, rear decks, center consoles, and something small enough to produce real bass up under the dash even.

Is this a product you might design some day?

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

i like this idea. need something like this for my doors

Isn't DD messing around with 6.5" subwoofers right now?

yes. beastly little things

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

I'm not seeing anything under their subwoofer section but their new web site is nice.

I want a true 6.5 subwoofer optimized for small sealed and small ported designs with free air use being an option.

and I would love it if the frequency response could go up to 500 hertz but I don't know if that would be possible for what I have in mind.

He would have to tool his own basket and that is one issue.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

CDT has some 6.5" subs, but dont expect to throw like 500rms at em, they only go up to around 200rms rated. And Focal has a 5" sub, but they are a lil pricey.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

yes. beastly little things

I thought so.

OP: They're not production subs yet, I don't believe. Email DD about it and they can give you more info.

Edited by Destram