Sundown Audio

Rf T40001bd Questions

andym85

i know a quite a few of you on here are running them (or just a lower power model)...do u think they can handle a burp at .5ohm and if they can, how much power could be expected from them? and how much current do these things draw...as in, could i burp it off a 350amp fuse at .5ohm....

all of this is assuming that the electrical system is plenty stout enough to handle this...

thanks

i likes me some audio stuff...

i hear the 40.1s can be ran .35 daily with a stout electrical, and the sundowns love low impedances also

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

i was thinking of a 40.1 also...what if i ran the RF amp at 1ohm like its rated...do u think its possible to burp it off a 100amp fuse.

the reason im asking about all this fusing stuff is because that is how your class is determined in meca. and since im done with school in december i really wanna compete next year and i am trying to decide what i wanna run and what class i wanna be in...

i was thinking of a 40.1 also...what if i ran the RF amp at 1ohm like its rated...do u think its possible to burp it off a 100amp fuse.

That's an interesting question. Fuse values are determined by the amount of current that can be passed across the fuse for a given length of time. If your burp was less than one second, it is quite possible you could use a smaller fuse, but I'm not sure how much smaller. Keep in mind that the T4k1bd comes with a 500 Amp ANL fuse stock as it can easily consume that on sine waves at full output. I'd be interested to hear others' experience in regards to this.

In addition, as others have stated, there is no power advantage to operating this amplifier below it's rated impedance. It will make highest power between 1 and 1.4 ohms . . . of which the impedance curve of your subwoofers will dictate.

Tony Candela - SMD Sales & Marketing
Email me at [email protected] to learn about becoming an SMD Partner!

CEAES_468.gif

i would DEFINATELY NOT burp them at .5

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

That's an interesting question. Fuse values are determined by the amount of current that can be passed across the fuse for a given length of time. If your burp was less than one second, it is quite possible you could use a smaller fuse, but I'm not sure how much smaller. Keep in mind that the T4k1bd comes with a 500 Amp ANL fuse stock as it can easily consume that on sine waves at full output. I'd be interested to hear others' experience in regards to this.

In addition, as others have stated, there is no power advantage to operating this amplifier below it's rated impedance. It will make highest power between 1 and 1.4 ohms . . . of which the impedance curve of your subwoofers will dictate.

yea, after reading the power tests of the sundown 3000amp and after your coments, i now realize that there isnt that big of an advantage of running below rated impedance...

but my question still stands, could i do a one or two second burp off a 100amp fuse from either a 4000.1 or 3000.1?? i really hate that meca rule..lol

FYI it took a 50 amp car fuse to start my T30001bd (used the maxi that came on the bcm wire or something)... it blew both 30 and 40amp audio fueses with no ouput either time. Im not sure how long the $kw would last on a 100a fuse

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer