Sonic Electronix

mmmm i will say the p3s IMO.

2011 Chevy Tahoe

HU - Alpine W530

Wire - NVX (1/0 Envy Flex)

Amps - 2 DC Audio 5ks

Subs - 2 DC Audio XL18s

Alternators - Mechman (270a + stock)

Batts - 1 D3400 (front) + 4 D2700s (rear)

Bussbars - Toolmaker

Mids - ???

Tweets - NVX

I'm caught between a couple subs at the moment, i'm going to get 2 12's. The Alpine Type R's and Rockford P3's are the same price, same RMS, same enclosure size, but which would get louder or have better quality? Any opinions?

i have had a type r and a p3 and i powered by a rockford amp . both have pros and cons. The P3 had amazing sound quality, but the cone doesnt travel much. it didnt move the air i would have liked it to, so i bought a type r instead. sound was very similar, but the cone would travel ALOT further, and it was alot "boomier", however, the TypeR got hot quick. i would bump for about 10 minutes, and then i could smell coil (with the gain at 1/10). I suppose you could say the type r had cooliong and distortion issues, but it lasted FOREVER and was very loud.

if your looking for crisp punchy quality sound, go with the P3, if you want more SPL and excursion, go for the type R.

1999 Monte Carlo

Sony CDX-GT34w

2 Alpine Type R 12"s in 4 cubes tuned to 35hz

American Bass VFL 80.1 amp @ 1 ohm (probably doing between 1000 and 1300rms)

Stock alt, Stock batt, Big 3 Upgrade

Boston s55- 5 1/4s (doors)

Boston s95- 6x9s (rear deck)

i had the P3s as my first system although they were hooked up to my stock deck they were nice and clean

i had the type r 12 and it was pretty loud. i have never owned a p3

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

2 sq super tweetsMb quart 4.125Mechman 270a alt1- xs D27003- xs XP3000

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

i'm selling some rockford t1's for $200+ship

I'm good man, thats too much for me

Lol im just wondering why not? LOL that is a great deal 200 for subs that are 230 a piece? Wow you should be kicked in the nuts LOL :rofl:

You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back.

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

Archived