TESTING an Ascendant Audio ARSENAL 15" in the Boswell's DDBEAST

Guest grim83

Cool stuff, Ric -- car is loud !

still waitin on a sundown sub to test Jacob...lol

actually same with DC... or any other company that wants to offer one up for testing... I will do the same, vid it and post it... good or bad

I will say thanks to Kevin at Atmos, Ed at T3, Nick at Ascendant for offering up a sub for these tests...

On a side note, Ed said that the T3 had been damaged in an earlier install... and is going to recone this woofer and let us try again, so stay tuned for results on that. I'm just hoping he keeps it a stock woofer and doesn't beef it up. I have no problems or issues with Ed, and nobody on here should take it that way. Ed and I are cool.

so... any company want to offer one up... send it... :)

who sends out a damaged woofer for a high vis test? Im willing to bet that the new one will take it. Mainly because its going to be built to take it..... come on.

That T.2000 was in my car, I was taking it to recone for my brother. Had it in there when I was at Ric's shop and decided to leave it there for shits and giggles.

Since everybody else that switched from DD Zs to T.2000s all went up, I was hoping even a damaged woofer with coil rub would still do a big number.

Poop happens, oh well.

lol allways excuses with this guy from the hummer to the subs :bull::lol:

amen brother

ok... no offense to ANYONE... and I'm not picking on one person here... but please... with the negative comments drop them or I'm going to have my boy Chode delete all posts except the vids themselves and lock the thread...

I've said before there is nothing against Ed or anyone else... this is a test people... use it for your own personal info and take it for what you want.

Ed has said he will recone and we will retry the test as it was a "bad woofer"... so let him do that before you jump to conclusions...

remember NO PRODUCT BASHING on this forum! STEVE SAID SO!!!

or you will be put in TIMEOUT! :)

PS>>>> NOT TO MENTION THIS THREAD IS ABOUT THE AA SUB NOT THE T3!!!

Shit..you should do other companies 2k Rms subs..I'd like to see lvl 5's or btl's against the t2000 LOL

A t2000 couldn't take 4k on a 2-3 second burp, while the lvl 5 and loaded BTL could take that daily! Haha

that's why i suggested it :rofl: ...the level 5 or a mayhem would probably want more power than that LOL

Not only will it probably, but here's a video of a mayhem with only ONE working coil taking an AQ3500 at 1 ohm, (So basically an equivalent to 7000 watts or more if it were in working condition) and it took a good 5 minutes of POUNDING on it before the coil went. Those are amazingly well build subs.

Guest grim83

ok... no offense to ANYONE... and I'm not picking on one person here... but please... with the negative comments drop them or I'm going to have my boy Chode delete all posts except the vids themselves and lock the thread...

I've said before there is nothing against Ed or anyone else... this is a test people... use it for your own personal info and take it for what you want.

Ed has said he will recone and we will retry the test as it was a "bad woofer"... so let him do that before you jump to conclusions...

remember NO PRODUCT BASHING on this forum! STEVE SAID SO!!!

or you will be put in TIMEOUT! :)

PS>>>> NOT TO MENTION THIS THREAD IS ABOUT THE AA SUB NOT THE T3!!!

ok rick just because you asked so nicely and i have nothing against you i will stop posting anything about t3 or ed in this topic

this thread FTW. or i should say these tests.

i say, have the vid of ed reconing the woofer. so no one can say he beefed it up. and test it.

otherwise ppl will be like oh thats really a tsns parts or added this or that

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

i think he would need to double power for the lvl5, DD9515 btls and all the others. and then if we talk about level6 9915 or the Z and the BTL burp only well he may want to just find a 220 socket for each coil.

Free air... :popcorn:

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

When you’re ready to show everyone else what you’re all about, rest assured that the T.2000 series subwoofers handling over 4,000 watts of peak music power will provide you with the ability to pump out more bass at extreme levels for extended listening times than any other comparable subwoofer in the market today

Now, I see what you all are saying, and I am in no way shape or form bashing T3.. I do think they make good stuff.... but thats right from the T.2000 page.....

2000w RMS/ 4000w Peak

again, taken from T.2000 specs sheet.

Power Handling RMS/Peak

2000/4000

thats the power handling from a lvl 5.... and we all know that can take more....

good testing over all though

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

I'd be willing to throw a level 3 in the mix if i had one for you, but no one has any new. I KNOW one will take 8kw for a burp and still be good.

Man if I had one ...

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer