I'm Mad! Mods please enter!

Oh boy, where to start here. People as a whole generally get defensive when they are called upon on the mistakes they have made and when you consider how self centered the majority of this words population has become, its never their own fault, everyone feels as if they have been picked on or scolded without good reason.

As moderators of any website, the job is not to be here for technical advice to be honest, it's to keep the peace between users and clean up the bullshit that does arise. Our job is not to hold someones hand through their build or instruct them on a damn thing. If you happen to get advice from a seasoned veteran who happens to be a moderator, you were just given a gift. A good amount of the really good moderators you see on some big sites and forums are not even technically savvy at all on the subject that the site or forum covers, they are good at managing people and solving problems and most of them, just like the staff members of SMD do not make a dime. Our time is all donated to try and help achieve a smooth, clutter free environment. The Biggest problem that the majority of the staff members have is that people have no common sense. People spout off with random bullshit and end up breaking a rule. If their brain had been used they would have figured out that any privately owned entity rather it be a website, a forum, or even a commercial business for that matter has a code of conduct in which people are supposed to behave in a certain way and follow certain guidelines. If people would just read and follow the damn rules there wouldn't be to many problems and we would all get along like considerate adults do. As with any professional environment though if you break a rule, you will get reprimanded for it. Some get their hands slapped and some just get kicked the fuck out. It all depends on the severity of the violation and how the reply comes back when hey are confronted about it. Its no different that being wrote up at your job really. If you violate something that is a rule at your job and you take the punishment with a grain of salt and go about your day, you keep your job. However if your supervisor comes to you with the problem and you throw them attitude and get fired ( in the case of this forum, sent on vacation or banned) you have no one to blame but your damn self.

It's simple really. If you can read black and white and comprehend what is being said and follow it to the letter, then there wont be problems. If you go looking for the gray in the matter and try and push the envelope, you will get your ass handed to you one way or another whether it be a warning or if you did something really stupid a permaban.

Now as for my self, Like Eclipsechris said earlier, I'm rare but fair(I'm not as rare as you think really. I do a lot that isn't seen dealing with stuff that is reported and cleaning up of un-needed garbage). I generally enforce the rules as they are written. Like i said earlier, its black and white. The shit isn't hard to follow. If i cant a violator, they will be dealt with. Especially in the for sale section/trading post area. That is an area to conduct business. Would you go on wall Street to the stock exchange and try and buy stocks and say well, I'll have the money next week to pay for those but i really wish i could have it now? Hell no. Stupid shit like those kind of posts and just in general post dumping and blatant rule breaking of that section just pisses me off. That section is meant to do business in so it should be treated as such in an extremely professional manner. One of the other main ones i see people bitch about as of lately is things being in the right sections and they cant figure out why we get pissed over it. Its hard to keep proper information easy to find if people don't list their topics in the right areas as well as its just one more thing we have to handle to keep things operating correctly around here when we could be dealing with an actual problem. Its a matter of laziness usually. Think and look at where your topic should go and put it there. An Alternator question does not belong in off topic, there is an electrical section for a reason.

Bring on the comments and questions folks.

Oh, and as for you Skylar, after you have moved out of mommy and daddies house, come back and tell us how unfair life is will ya. This little crymeariver thread you made will seem pail in comparison to a real life hardship once you are older than 18 like you are now..

Daily Driver 1999 Kia Sephia

Kenwood DNX-893s
Audison Bit One Processor
2 Dat 4.125's
Sundown Audio SCV-6k
Hertz hsk-165xl's Mids running active                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Focal V30 Series Tweeters running active 
Sundown Sa-8 v1's in the doors
2 Sundown Zv5 12's 
Lots of Hushmat
Big 3+ and 3 + & 3- runs of Trystar 2/0
2 Dc Power Engineering 320 HP Alts

2017 Comp Vehicle
2006 Toyota 4 Runner
Kenwood Excelon DNX-893s                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Audison Bit One HD DSP
4 Sundown Sa 6.5v2 Component Sets 
Focal Access 6.5 2 ways
Sundown Audio Sax-50.4                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Sundown Audio Sax-100.4
2 Dc Power 370xp
Northstar agm27f
Northstar agm65
2 Northstar asmagm 480's
2 Dual 1 Sundown Nightshade v3 12's
2 Sundown SCV-7500's
All SMD Fuse Holders
Shitload Of Sundown 1/0

120 sq ft Second Skin Damp Pro

No, Its Not A Burp Truck!!!!

2016 Season 3rd place in Xtreme 1 At Finals

2016 Season 6th Place In Kaos 1 At Finals ( Blew The Subs Up In First Round Eliminations)

2 Kansas State Records Set In 2016 In Xtreme 1 And Kaos 1 In Midwest SPL

2-1.jpgsa.jpg
DCPowerLogoTransparent2.png

David said:

audio is a lifestyle, not a hobby

newls1
I cant read a tape to save my life... 1/2's are ok, but other marks confuse me
kingsuv
only men who cant read a tape, take it in the ass
kingsuv
you sir, get a pink hard hat on jobsites

I agree with every bit of what kandiman said.

I once tried to enter my friend's build into SOTM and N8 told me no because the box was just bare MDF and he said it needed to be carpeted. I checked the rules and there was no rule on that. I brought it up and he updated the rules. I felt it was unfair, but I just brushed it off. Then later on Steve nominated a guy that had a bare box, and that kinda got me a little upset. But, hey, that's life. You take the bad with the good, and sometimes you just have to smile and nod.

Also, keep in mind that if our moderating team wasn't the way they are then this site would be overrun by people like Dr Subwoofer and all of the smart members would leave.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

Kandiman didn't sugar coat a damn thing. Though there are some things I may not agree with, I don't worry about it... There are some things to take with a grain of salt.

This forum is full of info and ideas. I've been here for 3.5 years, met some awesome people, and learned faster than I could have on my own. I'm here because I enjoy working on cars and being a part of/or building some bad ass systems. That being said... Keep the drama for another forum. If you're having problems with the people running the place, maybe you're doing too much. The more you learn and the more you have to show for on this site, the more respect you get. Making a thread about how you have a problem with the people keeping this place running isn't going to solve your problem...

You mad? Sure stings a little bit when someone shits on you like you do continually to others doesnt it? I never would have said a thing if you hadnt shit on his build. Or the other builds you've done the same thing on. I told you in the Pm you sent to me crying just like this. If you dont like it email steve. I know this site will never be as cool as the site you are a mod on(which is really what this is all about right? You can do so much better than those of us here right?)but we do what we can to weed out all the garbage. You can think im a dick all you want. Those members on here who have dealt with me off the forum are going to attest that Im a good guy. Oh wait most of them already have. I hate to break it to you but this isnt your personal playground. We are not here to cater to you. IF you dont like it leave. I'm sorry the mod staff doesnt quite live up to your personal expectations. I'm not sorry I hurt your feelings though. Imagine how all the others you did that too felt. Did I go over the top? maybe a little but it proved a few points for me. Just remember if you start throwing stones eventually someone is going to start throwing back. just harder.

big Nickk you were talking about me also. You were giving incorrect information. Of which i knew was incorrect. Of course I'm going to correct you and correct you again when you insist you are right.

Supercharged Dds. You can sell. You just have to follow the rules. when the thread gets locked its locked because you didnt follow the rules. Post it up following the rules and its fine.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Wow.....so OP has multiple accounts....and bashes peoples builds? Not a good look Bangin........

My POS Bass machine-
2003 Hyundai Santa Fe on some shitty 22's
Bed Liner Paint Job-Pioneer AVH 3200DVD
4 DAD BD series 15's in a 4th Order (Bassheads ENT Design)
4 Arc Audio XDI2000.1 for the woofers
6 Cadence CVL68MBX 6.5's-Cadence CVL88MBX 8's-6 Cadence XT20 Supertweeters
2 Arc Audio KS300.4's for mids and tweets
1 Arc Audio ALD 10v Line Driver
All Audiotechnix Power wire
1 DC Power 270XP High Output Alternator
1 XS Power D3400 up front....6 XS Power D3100's in the rear
Air Lift 1000 Bags in rear to help with suspension
If your still reading this GFY.......

6iW2jaE_zpsb3084721.png

To OP:

I'm sure you may feel like you are right. But after going thru a similar situation myself, and after reading the thread which caused your rant, I have to say you are completely in the wrong. If you take the time to think about it, from an outsiders point of view, then you will better understand. If you was joking originally or not, that's beside the point. Everyone has to think about what they say before they say it. And I'm not even talking about this website, I'm talking about real life.

As time passes, and you really start to think, you will regret acting so immature.

Good luck to you, hope to see you back after lesson learned.

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Solo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build

*snoop dogg's voice*

Man, there's so much drama on the SMD

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

kinda hard being the n8 D O double g

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived