Putting things in perspective.. how small we really are

WHat I find poetic is that even as you look up at the night sky, and star light that is 1 billion years old shines upon you, the light does not age since time does not progress at light speed. So the light that traveled billions of light years to get here, arrives as fresh as the day it was made. It's brand new baby light.

Edited by HHR Ed

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

with the almost infintie of galixes and stars and planets. how can there not be other life. mabey not a green alien but something that shows we can live somewhere else. i hope the future is like futerama lol

2000 tahoe

orion hcca 15.4

kicker zx2500

2 JL 300/4s

infinity and kicker mids/highs

KHC1400 in back, stock upfront

dont ask about my HU

clarion EQ

kicker/fosgate rcas

you also have to take into consideration that those are just stars not galaxies or clusters or super clusters of bigger galaxies to be totally honest its incomprehensible how small we are

it is also extremely arrogant and ignorant to think we are the only life in the entire universe

Edited by zayres29

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

WHat I find poetic is that even as you look up at the night sky, and star light that is 1 billion years old shines upon you, the light does not age since time does not progress at light speed. So the light that traveled billions of light years to get here, arrives as fresh as the day it was made. It's brand new baby light.

if time doesnt progress at light speed then, if we could travel light speed we wouldnt age correct?

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

if time doesnt progress at light speed then, if we could travel light speed we wouldnt age correct?

Correct, but we are made of matter, and the energy needed to accelerate matter to the speed of light exceeds the amount of energy in the universe. And if we did have that much energy, we would destroy the universe if we ever collided with even a single atom floating in space.

So we can go almost as fast as the speed of light and slow down our aging. But then, we are still limited to just the few nearest starts because at 10 light years away, a round trip would take 20+ years on earth. But if we went to more distant stars, time on Earth would have travel very far and family and friends would be gone upon our return. It's a common thought that a distant trip would be one way.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

I love watching videos on the universe. Really blows your mind to see how minuscule we are.

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical