Second Skin Audio

box rise compensation

ok it there a way or formula to build a box to compensate for box rise. i have 3 12w3v3 8 ohm speakers in a ported box. so im right around 2.66 resting so then when its playing im almost double that right? im running a jl 1000/1 which does 1000 watts from 1.5-4 ohms but with my setup its higher than what the amp operates at so im not getting the max out of the amp right?

there are just about infinite variables that contribute to rise and every application is different there is no way to tell how much rise you have without measuring it

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

Some boxes will rise nothing. .1 or .2 some will rise 8-15ohms but it's all box dependent, install dependent, amp dependent, sub dependent, port dependent. No way to really know before building. Just design and build to the subs specs and be happy. If you clamp it and see a huge rise buy a bigger amp. Lol

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

browse the general audio and subwoofer/enclosure sections. there are some very good write ups on impedance rise.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Archived