my friend says that a 1986 BMW 325e would be cheaper than owning an american car idk why he thinks thats right please tell him that any german car is going to be more exensive to repair than any american car

Currently in a build

2 BTL 18s

1 AQ 2200

4 Kenetic hc 600s

Pioneer AVH-P2300 (next purchase)

High output alt 150 amps

I just sold my 745LI, Average repairs are $2000 +.

I've spent about $1,000 or less on maintenance and repairs for my Pontiac G6. (It's been hit twice!)

In all honesty, I like the BMW better who wouldn't? It's much more luxurious, much faster, much more appealing to the ladies!

The only reason I did sale it was because the repairs would eventually add up to me buying a car!

Current Build:

1999 Tahoe #ComingSoon

Previous Build(s):

Crossfire Magnum

5k Pontiac G6 GT

repairs are and always will be cheaper on american cars unless they get bought out by a foreign company and especially an old bmw like that one thee is no way it would be cheaper to own

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

Even though I will always buy Foreign for my own cars, my wife has a Dodge caravan that is shockingly expensive for parts & labor- at least as much as my Nissan. Giventhat it brekas down far more often, it's more expensive to me.

Big 3 with 1/0 welding cable, dual runs of 1/0 and 2gua F-R

DD 2512 D2 powered by Audioque 1200d at 1ohm, 2.5ft^3 ported to 36Hz

Boston SX 6.0 comps powered by Phoenix Gold M50 for front stage

Silver Flute 8" midbass in doors powered by Alpine 3539

Alpine CDA-117 HU

I'm a mechanic and own 2 BMWs an 08 528i and a 02 M5 and 3 American cars and the American cars are about 1/3 of the repair costs of my beemers...hell the oil changes are about $100 bucks 7+ quarts of full

synthetic and special order filters...

2000 Suburban 6 runs of 2/0

12 timpano audio mids,6 timpana audio tweets and 1 timpano compression horn per door 

8 banks of blue Maxwells + 260ah of Yin Long LTOs 

2 370 Amp Autotech Alts 

mids amps 2  Crescendo Skyway 3ks 

Tweet amp Crossfire 2000.4

sub amp: 4 Crossfire XT 8ks

Subs: 8 18 in Crossfires in a 4th order

Best Scores at events…

161.6@38hz DBdrag  sealed on the dash… 162.54 outlaw…161.14 Meca headrest 

That is a yes and no situation. First off it is an E car they tend to be the least reliable of the BMW line. Like any thing it is all about maintenance. If you do the maintenance the way BMW describes it the cars will almost go forever. I have owned two a 1980 320i and a 1992 735i. I got rid of my 320 with 360k on it and still running strong. I sold my 735 with 398k to my brother it now has 475k and no major issues. Parts are a little more expensive but not that bad for the BMW line. They are not as high as say VW Porsche or Mercedes. True there are no super cheap aftermarket parts but who wants to use those anyway. The car is a 1986 so it will prob need more work than a comparably priced US model. The US model would prob be ten years or so newer and not be able to touch the BMW on fuel economy. So if you average it over the potential life span of a comparable model the size repair cost would probably average out. The US model nickel and diming and the BMW being a large bill for every true repair. The cost of maintenance is roughly the same, unfortunately most american car owners do not maintain their cars in the proper manner. Not only was I a BMW owner but I was an ASE certified mechanic and worked in the repair business for twelve years. So my view point comes from our customers and what I witnessed at that one shop. If it were a 325i I would completely disagree with you. Being that it is a 325e I would be skeptical they just do not stand up to the i line. I can not agree that a German car is more expensive our highest bills went to Saabs and Fiats followed by Mercedes then Cadilacs being the next. Yes a BMW repair for a life of car will cost more than say a Crown Victoria but probably be cheaper than that of a Grand Am. I have owned those two as well. So I apologize for the novel, there is no short way to respond to your post. There are lemons from all manufacturers and a bad BMW will eat you alive but so would any bad US made.

Barstad

i almost bought a 2007 bmw 330i and i new that the labor cost would of killed me and be real expensive, so i just went with something less costly 2009 crv plus cant beat the 4 cilender with these gas prices going up

REFF'S
My link
EBAY
http://feedback.ebay...ck&myworld=true
I love car audio so much because I will never be done. I can never win, and I will never get it finished or perfect. It always has me coming back for more, I can never get my fill of it, but I get what I need.

my friend says that a 1986 BMW 325e would be cheaper than owning an american car idk why he thinks thats right please tell him that any german car is going to be more exensive to repair than any american car

stay the fuck away from the 325e...the "e" is for economy, and it was designed as a fuel efficient alternative to the sportier NEW 325i (fuel injected)...the "e" is carbureted , but only with a single carb, and it's a 2 bbl. the older 325 (no letter following) used 2 or 3 2bbl carbs, depending on the year. it only has about 95hp brand new...at this point it will probably put out about 75hp. that thing wouldn't get out of its own way

I am somewhat of a BMW connoisseur. I love my BMW's, and will probably always have one. I've had everything from a 1982 320 Aplina, to a 1994 530i (the first BMW V8) to several M3's, my 633CSi and 1985M6, and my current 335i convertible (that hard top convertible is fuggin sick) with the Vishnu piggyback. Like I said...I LOVE my BMW's (I simply refuse to call them Bimmers...it's just to shitty sounding)

to clarify for everyone not familiar with them...Bimmer is the car, Beemer is the motorcycle

Principal

JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it

What HDorre hasnt ommented? lol Give it a sec. Where you at buddy

2011 Subaru WRX

Rockford Fosgate T1000-4AD

(2) Sets of Rockford Fosgate T3 6.5 Components

rf2c.png

In the works:

Rockford Fosgate T2500-1bdcp

(2)DC Audio 12" XLM2

bmw's cost more to fix, american cars break down more.

would you rather pay more once or little twice.

but any car can be made reliable or crap depending on how you treat it

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.