Sonic Electronix

All I know is I send mine 7315 clamped each for burps.

And 4260 clamped each daily on cheap "d" amps.

Zero issues.

As for the "science" debate...well, I have "real world" facts..unclipped they will take huge "d" power without problems.

If you didnt scope the output or you play below tuning then just buy a recone and be done.

Btw..maxxsonics does not make a woofer even close to a btl/mayhem.

I have done torture tests countless times between various subs, 30-40 sub comparrisions....only a dd Z can take power like these without issue.

My thoughts, stay at rms and at or above tuning, unclipped and you wont have issues, if you want to overpower or play 25hz ehen your tuned to 35...be willing to purchase recones.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Gains were set with a scope. 0 DB at 40Hz.

THIS IS MY QUESTION. If I was clipping badly enough to set my tinsels on fire, why is the coil in PERFECT SHAPE? The scuffs on it were caused AFTER It was blown, The other coil worked, The sub still worked just not as loud obviously... I REALLY THINK the tinsels frayed and than built heat. I NEVER PLAYED BELOW TUNING! So much arguing and none of it really helps me. Everyone that seen the coil in person agrees that the tinels failed, NO thermal damages, No signs of any damage to the coil....

lower tuning is just hard. I was surprised how loud 145 sounds at 35hz, and how quiet 145 sounds at 50hz.

-= 2005 Tahoe LT =-Head unit: Pioneer AVH-X5500BHSSource: iPad Mini in dash

Subs: 2 T1 12's

Sub Amp: T1500-1bdCPWire: Rockford Fosgate 1/0 awgSignal Cable: MonsterFronts:Stock Bose for now:)Rears: Stock Bose for now:)MIds/High amp: Stock Bose for now:)

2005 Tahoe Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/172529-2005-tahoe-my-17th-vehicle/

2001 Monte Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/160030-2001-monte-carlo-my-16th-car-lol/page-2#entry25309381997 Tahoe Build Log: http://www.stevemead...oe-6-15-rf-15s/2001 Impala Build Log: http://www.stevemead...katzkin-inside/SMDSig3-26-12.jpg

THIS IS MY QUESTION. If I was clipping badly enough to set my tinsels on fire, why is the coil in PERFECT SHAPE? The scuffs on it were caused AFTER It was blown, The other coil worked, The sub still worked just not as loud obviously... I REALLY THINK the tinsels frayed and than built heat. I NEVER PLAYED BELOW TUNING! So much arguing and none of it really helps me. Everyone that seen the coil in person agrees that the tinels failed, NO thermal damages, No signs of any damage to the coil....

how do you know the scuffs on it were after it was blown??? you got xray vision to see it in the motor???? cause i know for a fact it TAKES A SHIT LOAD OF RUBBING to cause that not just pushing with it on your hand for a bit or taking it out of the gap to check it

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Vopa care to enlighten us on your background? besides fi hater? We know Nick's. Id like to hear what you do. You're obviously a nerd to a certain power (joke) but it might lend some credibility to your argument.

oh and one last thing.

those of you who cant contribute to a thread(like those of you who are dc ftw etc) stay out of it. There is a shit ton of information here that you could benefit from and those of you cluttering it up with dumb stuff is useless.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I did just change cones to a different load ....

Also this morning figired id do a new clamp test.

Each sub is seeing 4811 clamped daily wiring.

Seem to take it just fine.

Ive never had a tinsel issue with the 4flats. Ever

Round stiched is where I always have problems, snaps them over and over

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

I'm running a Digital Design DD M4A to each AA Mayham and have had no issues.

I do not recommend running this much power if you don't have any clue on what you are doing. ( Like running below tuning and not backing off when you start to smell coil).

If there is anybody that can run subs hard it Ray, and Alpine, and I might be "guilty" of that too:)

Official Scores at the Dash. and YES. My Bass Boxing is louder than Burp! - 155.5 DB Drag Burp- 155.6 - IASCA Bass Boxing on music (30 seconds straight) sealed up Builds 1. The Acura Integra build = http://www.stevemead...s/page__st__6802. BLK SIN Build = http://www.stevemead...w-pics-10-6-07/

You had solid answers in the first two pages. To reiterate: You weakened the tinsel due to usage... the more stretched, ripped, loose, and broken the tinsels became, the more resistance you developed. With reistance being directionally proportional to voltage drop and voltage drop being directly proportional to current dissipation as heat, you had a compound angry mess in your tinsel leads. Oonce they became hot enough, they burned and the spiders went with it. Even after they burned, it is possible more sparks ignited from momentary contact becuase the sub was still being driven by the other coil.

04 Monochrome LT Chevy Tahoe

-A few wires, half a speaker, some watts

-All Black 6's

-Paint to Match, SS Bumper, Black grills.

-HID'ed and LED'ed

-A few performance enhancers

I have two nice subs for sale, but I am not allowed to help my fellow forum members by offering it to them for a nice price via my signature, sorry

If you want to sit here and pick apart what I say, that is fine. Please don't take it out of context. I would expect you to support Fi. I support the "idea of Fi" and other small manufacturers, just not their bullshit. The product failing is not what is under my scrutiny. It is the bullshit explanations (fake science) spewing loosely from the manufacturer.

As far as testimonials... I will leave you with this to think about and associate with our current topic: If I jump off the roof of my house, multiple times, without gettting seriously injured, does that deem it as "safe?"

Ha ha, don't put my words under scrutiny, but I will DEFINITELY scrutinize your itty bitty signature, lol. I don't even have FI in my truck anymore, I don't even have the T4000s in there. I just never updated the sig.

But what I have done is played with millions of set ups in all of my vehicles, FI/AA have been a constant presence, but so have many, many, many other products out there. This isn't a resume. But its very hard to claim objectivity, when its obviously not the case. I do enjoy the science debate, but let's remain objective if you want objectivity.

I was exemplifying objectivity and hard science in the whole previous thread. Itty bitty signature? Lol... If you only knew... I probably can't compare to your millions of setups though. Fi/AA dont sell 1/10000 of the product that Maxxsonics sells. That doesn't make maxxsonics better, but it illustrates how very small FI/AA really are in the car audio world. People need to realize that sometimes. Fi/AA is not that special... neither are their designs, service, or products. Cold hard Facts.

Seriously? YOu compare maxxsonics, to fi? That is a serious insult. Maxxsonics doesn't builds anything close to as good as Fi. More sold drivers doesn't means that it's better or something special. You know how many Xplods and JL subs get sold? Xplods get sold thousand times more then JL, does that mean they are worse? NO. Budget means everything. People don't want to pay money. Only a small amount and they don't shop at wallmart or buy something from Maxxsonics..

how does some one have 1 million set ups?

looks like my triple stacked POS

Seriously? Are you like that? Just because a few out of thousands, millions BTL's sold there a few failures you call it a POS? >< (very narrowminded..)

and yes my triple stacked btl was a piece of garbage, no other way to put it. did I say all were nope I sure didn't I said mine was.

>< (very poor at reading comprehension)

I will still be using FI in my house but I won't be using it in my car as I already have subs that will kill the btl

Excuse for misreading. But still i don't get it why you should use such strong language.

Fi/AA hasn't sold a TOTAL of a million of all their different subs since their inception.... just another example of general attitude of the forum that glorifies this company a bit too much. It has run rampant since I have been here.

I like Fi, somewhat. Indirectly, is probably the best identifier. Their presence promotes competition among manufacturers and breaks away from mainstream, but they have a ways to go before they gain any more respect from me. Nick has been making a fool out of himself and the company since he started into this topic.

I will give him a chance to redeem himself if dares. He better call Scott in for backup first.

He isn't making a fool of himself, he is proving you wrong time after time and i have to agree with him. If you have done some "advanced" psysichs you should know how microwaves and induction works.

I like the Q I liked the original Q more but this version will do for my house. I don't like how they are represented and represent them selves on the internet. but I tend to ignore reviews and stuff anyway

THey are bringing out a new Q, which isn't like the newer "beastly" Q but back to the older Q design.(more SQ then loudness)

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Archived