fritosaregood Posted June 18, 2011 Report Posted June 18, 2011 I think most ppl dont like him because i claims his computer program can build you the perfect box for your car. and sometimes they end up good, and others not. personally I like his youtube channel, but wouldnt get a design from him. Well I wouldnt say the perfect box becasue he takes into account specifics situations in the acousitc of your car and not the stuff in it, the addition of even a water bottle will change the acoustic properties of the vehicle so naturally it wont be perfect, however considering he designs and builds boxes for a living I would be inclined to say he knows what he is doing. Just like any other designer who does this as a profession. Not to mention he often only designs them, and the rest is up to builder error. So I dont think it is fair to state this specifically about him, this statement applies to all designers in shops or freelance. The thread is about what I think about him.. and thats what i think.. There are other designers on here that think they are the best too and arent.. but this thread isnt about them either. seller feedback: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61719 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=68281 build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/index.php?showtopic=44800 Gf's build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/54346-kickergirls-camaro-new-box-pg-5/#entry753970
tacomaguy1 Posted June 18, 2011 Report Posted June 18, 2011 Yep...over 3-4 years on the forums ive heard a lot more bad then good about him Team Flex Issues
Namosh Posted June 18, 2011 Report Posted June 18, 2011 He knows his shit when it comes to car audio. And anybody who says different is flat out lying. The problem I have with him is non audio related. He is a nut case. He thinks global warming causes earthquakes.... My Ram Quad Cab Blow-through
loki Posted June 18, 2011 Report Posted June 18, 2011 I personally think he has a different view on "Audio" if u listen to the what he say about how he designs a box on youtube. He seems to be stuck in his own ways, were he will design it for what he thinks it best. some ppl say his box deigns have flopped in performance. well Example: its a folded horn design and the measurement are off by 1/4 off all the way around from what the blue print say, then im sure the box wont respond right. so that could be builder error. or maybe they were expecting to play 25-30Hz awesome. some subs just cant play the lows lows period. i have worked with Digital Designs subs for a while. and dont matter how low i tune an enclosure. RE audio(old style) would always play the lows louder. Dont get me wrong the DD was still loud but RE always seemed to be a bit louder to the ear. 05 Ford F150 Single Cab Audio: -Pioneer DEH-3200DVD -Hertz Hi-energy 5x7 Front -RE Audio 5x7 Rear -DD 2512 in Custom 40 Hz Box -Eclipse EA4100 High/Mid amp -Eclipes XA1000 Sub amp -Audison Connnection RCAs -Random wire:Kicker,RF,Lightning Audio
CaptainzPlanetz Posted June 18, 2011 Report Posted June 18, 2011 who? This, I don't recall ever hearing that name in the time I have been on this site?? Has he went by other names? ¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ Trolls never learn............ All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls. YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS? Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.
Namosh Posted June 18, 2011 Report Posted June 18, 2011 who? This, I don't recall ever hearing that name in the time I have been on this site?? Has he went by other names? Pete Kulicki My Ram Quad Cab Blow-through
n8ball2013 Posted June 18, 2011 Report Posted June 18, 2011 I dont believe he's on this site. But it seems like there maybe some trolling rolling on... THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
TeamHT Posted June 18, 2011 Report Posted June 18, 2011 I personally think he has a different view on "Audio" if u listen to the what he say about how he designs a box on youtube. He seems to be stuck in his own ways, were he will design it for what he thinks it best. some ppl say his box deigns have flopped in performance. well Example: its a folded horn design and the measurement are off by 1/4 off all the way around from what the blue print say, then im sure the box wont respond right. so that could be builder error. or maybe they were expecting to play 25-30Hz awesome. some subs just cant play the lows lows period. i have worked with Digital Designs subs for a while. and dont matter how low i tune an enclosure. RE audio(old style) would always play the lows louder. Dont get me wrong the DD was still loud but RE always seemed to be a bit louder to the ear. I see where you're coming from but I can guarantee the measurements and cuts were not incorrect. I know Dwright27 also had some experience with his enclosures that did not perform well. Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?
dwright27 Posted June 18, 2011 Report Posted June 18, 2011 We had decent luck with a 4th order. Others not so much. Hit or miss IMO. Horns and rear loading type deals I'd ask him about though 2006 F-150 4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver XS Power 4 DC 3.5kw Team DC Team S.P.L. Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0 DC Audio Dealer American Bass Dealer XS Power Dealer Audio Technix Dealer
huh?do-what? Posted June 18, 2011 Report Posted June 18, 2011 He knows his shit when it comes to car audio. And anybody who says different is flat out lying. The problem I have with him is non audio related. He is a nut case. He thinks global warming causes earthquakes.... much of what we call science now is stupid theories that havent been proven wrong yet. In my mind, the jury is still out on many things. Who knows what causes what. For all we know, displacing large amounts of oil from under the crust of the earth could cause earthquakes. Its theory at this point. Science seems to go with whatever theory makes people the most money, hence the stupid global warming movement along the lines of Al Gore. Scaring the shit out of people made hima lot of money. God damn its hot today. My balls are stuck to my leg.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.