Chicken or the egg which came first.

if you study religion so much you would know alot of the bible was takin from the somerians and just changed a lil to better suit there needs as christians.

edit: u go ed!!!!!!!!!! and the egg was first. just like ed said

not to mention that christians pick and choose books that they accepted in the bible and ones they didn't how can u trust that they picked the right books man?

edit: im not tryin to bash religion just stating that it should be more throughly looked into. and ppl shouldn't just believe blindly

I have been thinking about the chicken the egg and which came first question.

I think the egg had to come first.

My logic;

Well to get the chicken it would have had to evolve from something else rite.

So a set of animals most likely two different animals over a course of many, many thousands of years breading together or many different animals that breed with each other over the course of many thousands of years finally evolved into what we know as the chicken of today.

So with the thought of evolution in mind the egg had to come first. (multiple eggs along with inbreeding to sustain a continuious form)

As far as the creatures that it took to finally produce the egg, we have no way of knowing if they all were created using and external egg system or if some of them produced off spring internally.

The egg was first.

Debate :)

Chuck Norris came first

Copied idea is copied. Feg.

POTATO!

Ed, the bible doesn't say the earth is flat. In fact, it is referenced as round or circular many times. Maybe you should stop putting words in God's mouth.

First, I never said the bible said the Earth was flat. I said the guys who wrote it held that belief. Which is well documented that everyone in those days thought that.

Second, lets look at what the Bible does say.

-"that it might take the earth by the edges and shake the wicked out of it? (From the NIV Bible, Job 38:13)"

"He unleashes his lightning beneath the whole heaven and sends it to the ends of the earth. (From the NIV Bible, Job 37:3)"

"for he views the ends of the earth and sees everything under the heavens. (From the NIV Bible, Job 28:24)"

"Their measure is longer than the earth and wider than the sea. (From the NIV Bible, Job 11:9)"

And sorry, i dont wanna bash or debate harshly, just defending claims here.

My main goal is to learn and spread knowledge, its wonderful that different people have different beliefs and I wouldnt want to force anyone into changing any belief, but I do want for people to be open to truths and knowledge as we all have the right to expanding our mind.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

Ed, the bible doesn't say the earth is flat. In fact, it is referenced as round or circular many times. Maybe you should stop putting words in God's mouth.

god didnt write the bible?

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

First, I never said the bible said the Earth was flat. I said the guys who wrote it held that belief. Which is well documented that everyone in those days thought that.

-"that it might take the earth by the edges and shake the wicked out of it? (From the NIV Bible, Job 38:13)"

"He unleashes his lightning beneath the whole heaven and sends it to the ends of the earth. (From the NIV Bible, Job 37:3)"

"for he views the ends of the earth and sees everything under the heavens. (From the NIV Bible, Job 28:24)"

"Their measure is longer than the earth and wider than the sea. (From the NIV Bible, Job 11:9)"

My main goal is to learn and spread knowledge, its wonderful that different people have different beliefs and I wouldnt want to force anyone into changing any belief, but I do want for people to be open to truths and knowledge as we all have the right to expanding our mind.

come on I figured some one as smart as you would know that isn't literal

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

come on I figured some one as smart as you would know that isn't literal

Oh I know, its just interesting to me, and I can interpret it a few ways, and it does mention land as a circle with waters around it, but more like a dinner plate. No word for globe or ball was used.

Then the thought does arise that I have more understanding about cosmology and Geology than men did thousands of years ago, and I have the benefit of hindsight.

So how did people interpret those writings back then with their limited understanding of how things worked?

And you just hit on that it's not literal. So is anything in there literal? Do we know hat is and what isnt?

Its interpretations and various views that end up giving the world various cultures and backrounds and traditions, all of which are beautiful and should be celebrated.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion