06 Civic Build - New Build List on page 60

On the panel? If that's what you're talking about then here's the reason. I was originally going to do the panel for the wiring, barrier strips, relays, fuse block, etc for all the components. I was going to have the whole panel flip forward because I'm going to have the sub box behind it and if I had to move any wires, troubleshoot, add, remove, or whatever, with all the wires being ran through the back of the board instead of on the board, I'd never be able to get to it. So while I was building it, I hit a snag in that design that wouldn't allow it to work. So instead I made the panel it self stationary, the wires will run in from bottom of the panel and then neatly managed on the panel itself to each component. Then the door that hinges and opens will at some point have boxes cut out of it to show the components, but at the same time hide the wiring. I'd like to put plexi or acrylic over each hole but we'll see how that goes. Then if I need to access the panel, I'll just open the door. Does all of that make sense?

You're talking about the pass through as in we copied each other? Your port is just porting straight into the cabin right? So your subs will be behind the seats but the port will go straight through? Am I seeing that right? Or wait I think I saw 4 speaker holes. I'm confused.

My design is like this. I'm doing a ported enclosure for my subs facing the trunk. I'm only doing the pass through so that the sound doesn't die before it hits the cabin. There's so much build up there with the component wall, and the sub enclosure, that by the time it hits the cabin, the sound is pretty muffled. I'm not doing this as a very bassy car, it's mainly towards the SQ side of things. Maybe that will help put it more in perspective.

BTW, 150 woohoo! :clapping:

Yes, 150... Commence the sales!!

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

yeah i was talking about the port through the armrest. mines gonna be a 4th order so thats why i did mine like that. but i get what your saying with your port. and i like the idea for the component box!

1999 Audi A4 1.8T:::

4 - DC Level 3 10's in a 4th order

Rockford P6002 on Subs for now (3-3.5k coming eventually)

MB Quart ONX4.60 for Mids and Highs

Boston S50 Components in Front

Boston S65 Coaxials in Rear

40 Sq Ft of Second Skin Damplifier

Build Thread

UBL

1948 Plymouth

Thanks! I'm going to continue to build this thing, but some stuff is gonna be held up until my sales get done. New equipment is coming when that happens and at that time the details can get re laid! Until then I'll do what I can for the basics. I have a plan in mind now of what the new stuff is and where it'll go, I just have to get it now. I'm still going with 5 amps, but they're waaay smaller. I'll be doing 2 1k amps and 3 4ch amps. I need one of each to do mock ups and at that point my build can go forward.

I just am worried about making it happen like I see it!

You're not the only one with that problem! One thing is a image in your head, another thing is to actually replicate it. It's not like you can go inside your mind and get measurements..

Still looking forward to the rest of the build!

Ok so I killed two birds with one stone tonight. I had to pull some of the cabling out of the car tonight so I could put them with the items to sell. So while I was at it I just decided to strip the rest of the cables and wires out of the car. It needed to be done, so while i was in there messing around I decided just to get it done. 4 hours later, here I am showing you pictures!

Starting off, I had removed alot of the wires from the trunk when I disassembled the trunk area. So when I did that they all went under the rear seat like so:

DSC04219.jpg

So I pulled the seats and the trims. Started cutting zipties, that was crazy! Then I came across one of my wire banks. These were in three different places in the car for the last build. One was under the dash center console, which housed a block for all the wiring from the head unit, power from the back, a pass through for the neons, and whatever else. The second one, you see below, was for the neon relay, the monitors, the component fuses, and a ton of other wiring that wouldn't fit under the dash but was for all the cabin components. The last one was in the trunk behind the IB wall. That was for all the trunk neons, the remotes, bit one power, etc. So three different places and lots of runs of wiring in different places.

Here's the second panel, under the passenger seat!

DSC04220.jpg

DSC04221.jpg

In this picture you can see the panel under where the passenger seat would normally go, and then under the dash you can see the remains of the old barrier strip with the front wires. This was done over to do a temporary set up. I had a much bigger strip in there before.

DSC04222.jpg

Second panel removed.

DSC04224.jpg

First barrier strip removed. In this you can see that I had an 8 ga power wire, which started from the trunk where the main 1/0 ga cable ran into the trunk and went to the second panel, then from there to the first panel. I also ran an 8 ga ground from under the passenger seat as well to a grounding block, the triangle thing there.

DSC04225.jpg

So after all was said and done, I had cut a SHITLOAD of zipties:

DSC04229.jpg

and was left with this pile of cables to deal with.

DSC04230.jpg

But the end result is that I now have a clean slate, clean palate to work with. The panel that I just built behind the seat will take all three of those wiring junctions that I just talked about and put them in one spot. I'll have runs from the front to the back of course, but it will all reside in one place making things 100 times easier to troubleshoot and put together when it's time. I'm not going to get to that for a while but that should help you understand my reasoning for going with the panel.

So not much of an update, but and update none the less! Good night all and thanks for tuning in as always!

Archived