Sonic Electronix

This is why you SHOULD use peel n seal for sound deadner...

If you want a good cheap test to tell if your brand of deadener you use is an asphalt base or butyl or even a combo of the two.

Take a small piece of deadener, stick it in your oven on a piece of metal like a cake pan set it in the oven vertically, have the oven preheated for around 400-450 degrees. With in the first 5 or so minutes the deadener will stink your house up badly if asphalt, you will also notice it start to slide down too, and even release the foil top

Ive done an extensive test with Audio Technix, Second Skin Damp Pro, Dynamat, Zillamat.

Needless to say, the Zillamat failed in a few minutes and stunk and smoked, and dripped right off the pan onto my oven. The foil came completely separated from the dripping "butyl/asphalt" mixture

The SS Damp Pro 80mil black foil was the clear winner no smoke, no stink, and slid down less then a half inch.

The Audio Technix 60mil came in 2nd place, slid about a half inch down, but not stink. followed by the 80mil for 3rd place.

Dynamat was 4th and smelled a little bit.

And from my caliper the Audio Technix measured 84mil total with a 1mil thicker foil then the damp pro that read 82-83mil total thickness.

IMO the SS Damp pro and audio technix are the best deadeners on the market.

I have video of doing this all too, but they have been processing on youtube for the last 3 weeks. tried uploading the video 4 times now and said screw it.

I'm thinking just buying a bunch of hazelnut trees and make our own version. We could never make money using the name brand stuff...

I think if we made an assembly line, we could produce around 5,000sq ft per day( just an estimate, i've never mass produced uhhhhh NutFoil™ before ) ( wonder if thats OK to say on the forum... ) :bull:

We could have a line of spreaders, and a line that lays down the tin foil, then we could get some rollers.

We will sell it in 12" x 20ft rolls. Sounds like a plan.. Thats damn funny. :lol:

/thread jack

I'm totally on board for this NutFoil. It sounds TOTALLY professional.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

I guess I'm one of the few that had a good experience with peel and seal. One time use fellas. I used it back in 2003. I was working for lowes at the time and a buddy of mine suggested it, so I gave it a try since I got it for very cheap. My only other experience with sound deadener at the time was on a trunk car in which I had a shop put in dynamat which repeatedly kept falling off even when heat gun applied, so I didn't want to go that route again. This P&S went in my dodge ram on the floor,all four doors,rear panel, and a single layer on the roof. I did also use a foam and mass loaded barrier as well in areas I could fit, so I cannot comment on the effectiveness of P&S alone, but everything together worked very well. Needless to say it went through 5 summers spanning over Florida,South Carolina and Virginia and when I sold the truck in 2008, none of it had moved or fell off. Now I'm not advocating it at all, just my experience.

more then likely the only one with any experience with it at all.

everyone has to remember not everyone has 4 lvl 5s in there car, yes peel and seal isnt as good as most of the other products. does that mean its complete trash and it has no use in car audio what so ever? No, if you have something like 2 12s and don't like your trunk to rattle so much but dont want to spend 100$ on some brand name sound deadener, buy some peel and seal it will help for 1/5 of the price. now will it do shit for someone with 4 18s? no and you might as well get a better quality deadener. you guys should know just because it doesn't work for you doesn't mean no one has a use for it.

*current*

1991 honda crx si

2 skar audio 12s

pioneer 6.5s

dual 400 watt amp

audio technix

db 1/0 wiring kit.

dual head unit

Lol @ peel & seal owners being butthurt ITT :rofl:

My POS Bass machine-
2003 Hyundai Santa Fe on some shitty 22's
Bed Liner Paint Job-Pioneer AVH 3200DVD
4 DAD BD series 15's in a 4th Order (Bassheads ENT Design)
4 Arc Audio XDI2000.1 for the woofers
6 Cadence CVL68MBX 6.5's-Cadence CVL88MBX 8's-6 Cadence XT20 Supertweeters
2 Arc Audio KS300.4's for mids and tweets
1 Arc Audio ALD 10v Line Driver
All Audiotechnix Power wire
1 DC Power 270XP High Output Alternator
1 XS Power D3400 up front....6 XS Power D3100's in the rear
Air Lift 1000 Bags in rear to help with suspension
If your still reading this GFY.......

6iW2jaE_zpsb3084721.png

I don't care who uses what, I've only personally use dynamat extreme and stinger roadkill. I have however seen peel and seal on a few customers cars at my buddies shop in which they where removing it since it was falling off, some had become brittle and the parts mounted vertically had slid and left a nasty brown stain. My buddies shop did not install the stuuf another shop did and sold/installed it as dynamat extreme. From what I've seen it seems like junk, and a dude with a donkey in the background, applying it to the wrong side of a sign is deff not going to convince me to use it.

takes breath :bull:

everyone has to remember not everyone has 4 lvl 5s in there car, yes peel and seal isnt as good as most of the other products. does that mean its complete trash and it has no use in car audio what so ever? No, if you have something like 2 12s and don't like your trunk to rattle so much but dont want to spend 100$ on some brand name sound deadener, buy some peel and seal it will help for 1/5 of the price. now will it do shit for someone with 4 18s? no and you might as well get a better quality deadener. you guys should know just because it doesn't work for you doesn't mean no one has a use for it.

you do know actual sound deadener does more than just stop rattle right?

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

its a gay redneck hollyshit! hes blocked all comments

this stuff is half as thick as dynamat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpU0UxQrJKM&feature=fvwrel

its a gay redneck hollyshit! hes blocked all comments

this stuff is half as thick as dynamat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpU0UxQrJKM&feature=fvwrel

that was after i commented on it.... <_< i called him out a little about him saying its the SAME thing as dynamat and such, so he blocked my comments then i sent him a nice message with some facts about his home depot dynamat, then all his vids seemed to get changed to no comments allowed.

Lol @ peel & seal owners being butthurt ITT :rofl:

:rofl:

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Guys were all doing it wrong. The roofing sealer isn't an actual roofing sealant. It is in fact, rabranded dynamat. Genius...I never looked at it that way before. I've seen the light. Hey Jon, no alpha tiles for me, trip to lowes today. 8)

I guess I'm one of the few that had a good experience with peel and seal. One time use fellas. I used it back in 2003. I was working for lowes at the time and a buddy of mine suggested it, so I gave it a try since I got it for very cheap. My only other experience with sound deadener at the time was on a trunk car in which I had a shop put in dynamat which repeatedly kept falling off even when heat gun applied, so I didn't want to go that route again. This P&S went in my dodge ram on the floor,all four doors,rear panel, and a single layer on the roof. I did also use a foam and mass loaded barrier as well in areas I could fit, so I cannot comment on the effectiveness of P&S alone, but everything together worked very well. Needless to say it went through 5 summers spanning over Florida,South Carolina and Virginia and when I sold the truck in 2008, none of it had moved or fell off. Now I'm not advocating it at all, just my experience.

you're wrong its complete trash and has no place in a vehicle. This is one thing Ill argue with sanitarium about. The only ones who defend it are the ones who have it in their vehicles.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived