Second Skin Audio

Mixed woofer sized in the same build?

*I'm not sure I'm posting this in the right place. Please move the thread if it's not in the right place.*

I've always had thoughts about mixing two different subwoofers sizes into the same system. I have always wondered why nobody does that, would it sound bad; or not mix well? I've always wanted two level 5 15's and 2 DD 10s, mainly because I thought who doesn't love the body rumbling hit of a 15? But on the other hand I love the car rattling hit of the 10s. Why not combine the best of both worlds to make an even better experience. I've never heard a system like this in person, or sat in the car with it for that matter. So could you guys enlighten me as to why nobody i've seen has mixed sized woofers in there build?

just dont ask. please

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

I have always wondered also.... :ehh:

2001 is300Headunit: JVC KD-X50BTHighs/Mids: StockHigh/Mids Amp: NASubwoofer: DC Audio LV4 12"Subwoofer Box: DLDesigns Box tuned to 32HzSubwoofer Amp: AQ 2200DElectrical: NA Performance:SRT Racing intake with ECUHKS Super Dragger 2BC Racing Coilovers

BC 264 stage 2 cams

full head build with BC Valves, Retainers, and springs

Dezod Green Race Header Comming soon/Thinking about<p>Electrical: XS power under the hood (Suggestions Welcome)​Performance: BC Cams,Cam gears, maybe GTE Swap down the lineMy YouTube Channel Subscribe and i'll return the favor!Xbox Live Team Website.My First Official Box Build.My FacebooK

.....im not sure i could fit a whole post in a sig lol

TEAM DC

Everything is a 150 on th earometer

Well I guess punching a woman is a good way to test your strength! You never know how strong you are until you cold-cock a woman in the head and break that bitches jaw.

Next time she tries to punch you in the stomach, whip your wiener out and chase her around. Show her who's boss.

I can totally work......

It just needs to be crossed over correctly, so that the 15"s are grabbind say 20-45hz, then like four 10"s grabbing 45-90..... then (in a really crazy setup) a person might run eight 8"s grabbing from 90-250hz....then your mids, then your highs.... you could even run some super high frequency tweeters beyond that.

So basically, it's just like a common 3 way system, but taken a level or two beyond, to a 4 or 5 way system.

Pretty hard core x-over and sound proccessing to do it right, but sure, it can work very well actually.

Fish

PS, Where you would run into different sized subs sounding like garbage, would be if they were "trying" to play the same exact frequencies. A cancellation nightmare !

*I'm not sure I'm posting this in the right place. Please move the thread if it's not in the right place.*

I've always had thoughts about mixing two different subwoofers sizes into the same system. I have always wondered why nobody does that, would it sound bad; or not mix well? I've always wanted two level 5 15's and 2 DD 10s, mainly because I thought who doesn't love the body rumbling hit of a 15? But on the other hand I love the car rattling hit of the 10s. Why not combine the best of both worlds to make an even better experience. I've never heard a system like this in person, or sat in the car with it for that matter. So could you guys enlighten me as to why nobody i've seen has mixed sized woofers in there build?

basically when two dissimilar subs try to produce the same frequency there will be cancellations at certain frequencies

1999 Audi A4 1.8T:::

4 - DC Level 3 10's in a 4th order

Rockford P6002 on Subs for now (3-3.5k coming eventually)

MB Quart ONX4.60 for Mids and Highs

Boston S50 Components in Front

Boston S65 Coaxials in Rear

40 Sq Ft of Second Skin Damplifier

Build Thread

UBL

1948 Plymouth

The guy I bought my subs off of had two 12" and two 15" mephis mojos in his car. I know it's not as big of a size difference as what your talking about, but he said it sounded great and some other guys we both knew said it sounded great and got super loud.

^^^This guy he is talking about. Richard...his username is TechForceServices I believe. He actually has a whole section here.

I'm sure he would have no issue explaining to you how to do it...but it is way too much to be explained in a post. Just PM him, or email him from www.techforceservices.com.

mivtCK.png