Sonic Electronix

Um...I (definitely do not) have an issue with my DD1

wait, i thought you tested the RCAs to see where the headunit was clipping at.. and then plugged the RCAs into the amp, and checked the amp at the speaker terminals...

dunno if i read it wrong or what, but it sounded like you unplugged the RCAs and plugged the DD1 into the rca spot and got nothing...

if so, you got that backwards LOL you need the RCAs in the amp, to test the amp, otherwise the amp wont get any signal to play something..

edit, i prob did read something wrong there, LOL im just really tired

Derrick, no offense, but I've spent the past several hours sick to my stomach and tense as hell worried I fucked shit up.

Thanks for the lol.

I'll have to try it tomorrow. I live on the outskirts of the middle of nowhere, and my parents are worried someone is going to sneak up on me in a locked garage and engage in violent crime while they steal everything I own.

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

Not sure, but what about your bass knob? lol..I didn't read through everything, but yea. I kept trying to set my sub amp with a dmm and couldnt get the voltage no matter what...then bam it hit me. Turned the knob up and found what I needed. I'm a noob, so I may be way off haha :drinks:

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown

Not sure, but what about your bass knob? lol..I didn't read through everything, but yea. I kept trying to set my sub amp with a dmm and couldnt get the voltage no matter what...then bam it hit me. Turned the knob up and found what I needed. I'm a noob, so I may be way off haha :drinks:

Tried that as well. The knob that came with it is supposed to be "backward". You turn left to go up, and right to go down. But the knob never worked properly. It only goes up to half a turn, and it turns the correct way. I was considering getting an AQ knob and swapping it, but I came to like the fact that only half the rotation works.

Anyway, figuring the knob finally quit, I tried to se the gain without the knob even plugged in, and it still didn't work.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

im not sure what the problem could possibly be....im not even sure i understand what you are talking about.

ARe you saying that you used the DD1 and your amp stopped working? The device reads amps, it doesnt do anything to hurt them, so that should be impossible.

maybe im misunderstanding you.

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

I think Derrick got it right.

Only other thing is if you have the low pass down all the way along with Sub Sonic, won't it basically not allow any output above the low pass and below the sub sonic, therefore causing no freq to play?

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown

Things to try

1. Crossover to highest frequency

2. Subsonic (infrasonic) to lowest frequency

3. Make sure ground aligator clip is on amplifier ground terminal

4. Make sure the DD-1 harness is ok. Ohm from rca tip to red lead and rca shield to black alligator, make sure there is continuity or very little resistance.

5. If all of this is okay, try attaching the red probe to speaker + terminal and alligator clip to speaker - terminal.

Tony D

I'm going to go hide in a corner and will never show my face again.

I r embarrassed.

Master/slave switch got flipped somehow.

I'm going to go find a hole, crawl into it, and die.

Thanks everyone for the help.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

Archived