Sonic Electronix

Heres how i believe it is working. When you open your trunk that extra pressure that you have in your car is escaping. Think of it like your subwoofer box, the bigger the port is, the lower your tuning. Thats pretty much the same thing thats going on here.

Now for how to get around it, maybe drop the tuning of your box down a little? Or try to do a sub up/port back or vice versa box.

Im not a big box designer so dont take what im saying as the truth, just trying to chime in and maybe help you out. If Ray or RAM_Designs sees this, see what they say about this.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

get 2 more and build a wall.

you think ive got enough room for the airspace required for 4 of them?

Measure and find out. You could probably fit a lot more than 4 12s back there. Full walls are normally much louder than backseat boxes/half walls. I dont get why people dont just fully wall....

well the plan was to do a full wall but i dont want to commit to i unless its gonna make a drastic difference in sound level also just testing different box designs at the moment untill i find one that sounds perfect the i will build the wall on the box and glass everything up

push the box back all the way to the trunk lid. this helped in my 96. and yes you would have more than enough room for 4 12s in a wall if you utilized the trunk space. preludes are a pain in the ass to work in. I bet that box was fun installing.

edit: looking at the box again I don't believe you can due to height and width. building a box for the trunk would be easier. there is 9 cubes gross in the trunk without using the space beyond the wheel wells.

yea i had a box made from the back of the trunk forward but i could only go 30" wide by 13 tall and it just wasnt big enough to mount the t1s my old cvrs were fine but the t1s have a bigger diameter. and yea putting that box in was kind of a hassle lol had to cut the center console out and remove the passenger seat to get it in

30" wide yes, but why only 13" height? doesnt touch the trunk springs till 16.5" tall unless you got some deep ass deck speaks. and you could always snap out that trunk spring and put in struts, take out the rear deck speaks and gain a good couple inches there too.

but if you go wall, like Ive said many times, suspension always first. really dont need a spring/strut snapping after that wall is in.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

I have somewhat of the same issue on my set-up, Except for me it's if my car is sealed up, I loose a lot of my low end output, but if I have A door open, or both windows, I get it all back. I figured it was becuase I am only running 50 watts to each sub when they RMS 260 so if I where to put RMS to them it would be fine.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

um its because you are trying to pressurize space forward and behind the box. regardless if you think you have it sealed off its obviously not. you proved that by openign the trunk and it getting louder. if you did that and it was actually sealed off you'd notice no output change. I dont know why thats so hard to comprehend at all. If you want to put your woofers there wall it off. you already wasted the space so why not go balls out.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

um its because you are trying to pressurize space forward and behind the box. regardless if you think you have it sealed off its obviously not. you proved that by openign the trunk and it getting louder. if you did that and it was actually sealed off you'd notice no output change. I dont know why thats so hard to comprehend at all. If you want to put your woofers there wall it off. you already wasted the space so why not go balls out.

Agreed. you already given up the rear seating so might as well wall it

I guess he completely disregarded my first post. :shrug:

I guess he completely disregarded my first post. :shrug:

thats what happends when you tell people something they dont wanna hear even if its the truth

fyi sitting a box where the backseat is unless its a wall sux!! I would be able to get way louder with the subs in the trunk

Edited by Team Bassick (ALPINE)

Have you ever had your woofers blown?