Okay, I just have to ask.....

what's the deal on the excursion of your mids and / or mid-bass drivers, relating to the SPL's in your cab, caused by the subwoofers ?

Here's why I ask...

I noticed that my mid-bass drivers closest to my sub woofer ports, were jumping a LOT father that the two farther away.... So I disconnected the mid-bass drivers altogether, and guess what ? The two closest to the ports will still bouncing like crazy ! And even the two farther away from the ports were moving some. Heck, for that matter, the mids in my doors are probably bouncing from the sub woofer sound pressure as well.

So how does this effect SQ ? Could the SPL's from your subs alone, damge your other speakers ???

And geeez ! What about in a truck like Steves ?!?! I could imagine him over driving mids (bottoming them out) when they were not even hooked up to power !

Probably just thinking more than I need to again. Freaking OCD :(

Peace,

Fish

Yes they do that's why you neeed to make sealed enclosures (pods) for them. I knew a guyhitting a 160 that didnt use them and blew 4 door speakers from pressure buildup. I say if you're over 145db you need to invest in speaker enclosures or seal ur doors.

Team Backwoods Bumpers

DC 1.2K

DC Level 3's 15"

Kicker IX350.4

Kicker DS650's

Kicker Tweeters

KnuConceptz

Big III

Kenetik 2400

Kenetik 1200

Ported Box @ 34hz (6.2cft)

Passive Radiator

Hes not talking about a passive radiator, hes saying that his subs are causing his mid drivers to move. They arn't even in the same enclosure.

And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle ;)

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth..

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

Free air resonance and octaves.

It happens

Google

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Yea', so I suppose if Steve isn't blowing his mids with sub woofer pressure, this probably is not an issue for any of us "mere mortals" to worry about :) LOL

Nonetheless, it was an eye opener to see how much my mid-bass drivers were jumping, from the sub sound pressure, yet so little, under their own power (I'm only running them down to about 80hz).

Hmmmm....

Fish