Sonic Electronix

Thought DC's had woven leads?

Its like ordering a pizza. You call and tell them what you want, they don't go through every topping and ask you if you want it. Lol.

so where is the list of all options available and pricing???

I'll stop since the DC nuthuggers seem butthurt over nothing. I didn't take what the OP said as offensive, instead I saw it as an opportunity for DC to make sure their salesmen are educating the buyers, so they get what they want. Then they'll spread that good word around and more people will want DC products...

this is the problem. Even IF the buyer had seen a list of upgrades, he still would have gotten the wrong thing, because he didn't understand the terminology. Could DC do more to make options more available and accessible? Probably, I'm not sure as I haven't ever worried about extra options. I read the specs listed on DCs website and purchased accordingly. But no matter how many lists of options there are available, the consumer still has to know the terminology to know what he is buying.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

I just reread the OP's first few threads, he simply stated that he thought the lvl3's had woven leads and that he wished CJ would have told him they didn't.

If you're going to offer up a bunch of options take the 2-3 minutes to explain them. Everyone will be happy in the end and threads like this won't happen. Then I'll have to find something else to do when it's slow at work :drink40:

if they just did woven/stitched leads on all of their woofers then threads like this wouldnt happen :shrug:

Team Sundown Audio

**CURRENT** -- 2012 Scion tC Build Click Here

**OLD** -- 2002 Pontiac Grand AM Build Click Here
check them out, slap me a comment

2002 Pontiac Grand AM SE 2.2l 4 cylinder ecotec.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Head Unit - Alpine CDA-9887
Subs - 2x Z 12 v.2s - v.3 + NS Soft parts
Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAZ-3500D
Enclosure - 3.33 Cubes tuned to 34.66hz
Front Stage - JBL P660c 6.5" Components
Rear Deck - Powerbass 4xl 6.5" Mid-Range
Front Stage Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAX-100.4D
Wires - Kicker Hyperflex 1/0, KnuKonceptz 1/0, Knu 4 and 8 Gauge, Kicker RCAs
Electrical - 275 AMP DC Power H/O Alternator, XS Power S3400, XS Power D2700
Videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/BeAILsTaR13

if they just did woven/stitched leads on all of their woofers then threads like this wouldnt happen :shrug:

but havign stitched in leads is not ideal in every situation. its a good thing they are willing to work with you on what you get if you are dead set on DC

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

but havign stitched in leads is not ideal in every situation. its a good thing they are willing to work with you on what you get if you are dead set on DC

yes i know, personally i dont care, but this thread is just dragging lol

Team Sundown Audio

**CURRENT** -- 2012 Scion tC Build Click Here

**OLD** -- 2002 Pontiac Grand AM Build Click Here
check them out, slap me a comment

2002 Pontiac Grand AM SE 2.2l 4 cylinder ecotec.

Head Unit - Alpine CDA-9887
Subs - 2x Z 12 v.2s - v.3 + NS Soft parts
Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAZ-3500D
Enclosure - 3.33 Cubes tuned to 34.66hz
Front Stage - JBL P660c 6.5" Components
Rear Deck - Powerbass 4xl 6.5" Mid-Range
Front Stage Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAX-100.4D
Wires - Kicker Hyperflex 1/0, KnuKonceptz 1/0, Knu 4 and 8 Gauge, Kicker RCAs
Electrical - 275 AMP DC Power H/O Alternator, XS Power S3400, XS Power D2700
Videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/BeAILsTaR13

I just reread the OP's first few threads, he simply stated that he thought the lvl3's had woven leads and that he wished CJ would have told him they didn't.

If you're going to offer up a bunch of options take the 2-3 minutes to explain them. Everyone will be happy in the end and threads like this won't happen. Then I'll have to find something else to do when it's slow at work :drink40:

They DO have woven leads. They DON'T have stitched leads. All of DCs subs come with woven leads and this is the problem. The customer got exactly what he asked for, how could anyone know before hand he didn't know what woven leads are.

F150:

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

They DO have woven leads. They DON'T have stitched leads. All of DCs subs come with woven leads and this is the problem. The customer got exactly what he asked for, how could anyone know before hand he didn't know what woven leads are.

The customer didn't know what they came with or what the options were. My point being all along is that the salesman should have explained things so the customer knew what he was getting. If he mentioned woven and stitched leads the customer would have asked the diff and he would have gotten what he wanted.

Never ASSUME the customer knows what he's talking about :werd_msword:

Now you're going back to what the OP's initial problem was. If there was a listing of available options, he could see that woven leads were not stitched leads.

Looking at this I can see both sides of this. And to be honest, I do wish DC was more up front about what is available.

Someone raised Fi as an example. The problem with that is, you go to Fi's site and you can see your avaliable options.

Want a BL with a 4 inch coil? Right there. Want a 10 inch BTL? Ain't happening.

Going to DCs site, you'd think getting a level 5 10 was impossible. We all know that isn't the case.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying this is 100% on DC. All it would have taken was for the OP to go check out a couple build logs and he would have seen 3s with their tinsels unsewn. It wouldn't have taken much effort to discover the info he's looking for.

But the same way I'm only going to spend my hard earned cash on a product when I know exactly what I'm getting, companies could do more to part a fool and his money. I mean if I can see exactly what I'm getting with a different subwoofer, as opposed to your product where I have to hunt down what it is I want, well...that may be a missed sale.

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

The customer didn't know what they came with or what the options were. My point being all along is that the salesman should have explained things so the customer knew what he was getting. If he mentioned woven and stitched leads the customer would have asked the diff and he would have gotten what he wanted.

Never ASSUME the customer knows what he's talking about :werd_msword:

except we aren't talking about options like you get on a car where a customer has no idea you can get the lighted cup holders. We are talking about options that increase performance that you SHOULD know about if you plan on getting more out of a speaker than is normally available. In this case, the customer was OK with the 600RMS rating on the speakers so there was no need for upgrading tinsel leads. The unstitched leads handle that fine and he simply thought they came stitched. He isn't losing out on anything other than the way the look if he happens to invert them. There was no need to upgrade, if he had planned on putting more power to them he would have asked what he needed in order to do that. Then the salesman can say what about this option and that option.

If he is planning to run them significantly over their rated RMS, he either needed to buy level 4s OR upgrade some of the parts of the level 3s. Since he hasn't mentioned either to us or at all that he plans on over powering them my guess is that he isn't.

Upgrading tinsel leads would have been a waste of his money and a shoddy way to run a business.

F150:

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

not going to jump on the whole salesman argument because i simply think the OP is over thinking this whole thing. he's freaked out his leads won't hold up to the power he's using. i'm sure a company like DC wouldn't use those leads if they weren't going to be good enough for the level of speaker it is. he also said he is only going about 200 watts over RMS, which also imo isn't that much. then you get into the technical jibber jabber of rise/actual clamped power and he still may not be over powering them.

so basically...regardless of whatever the sales rep should/would/could have done, i still think his subs will be fine

Archived