Adding a 2nd battery

Either way. I just need to know which Size isolator I need if I do wire it in parallel but I was planning on just in the vehicle hooked to the amp.

It needs to be hooked up to the alternator some how or you would have to charge it all the time.

As for the isolator http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_28365_The-Install-Bay-IB500.html or any 500 amp will do.

AlphaDamp CLD Mat - Get more Sound Deadening with less Sound Deadener

just run them in parallel, unless you plan on using your system with the car off. And for 2500rms all you need is a little battery, like a hc800 or a similar XS power. I personally wouldnt use yellow tops due to the fact i have seen too many go bad quick, but i have not used one personally.

I plan on running it with the car off sometimes (like when waiting for someone w/ the volume down). Isnt it also possible to just ground the 2nd battery and run the power wire to the monoblock?

if thats all youre going to do, it seems like you shouldnt need an iso, and yes, you can ground to the chasis, and run the positive to the front batt, and the amps positive to the back batt.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Just connect both batteries in parallel and run them that way. There is zero reason to use an isolator for this, and there is no need to try and run a 2500 watt system with the car off. Only bad things can happen if you do.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

I plan on running it with the car off sometimes (like when waiting for someone w/ the volume down). Isnt it also possible to just ground the 2nd battery and run the power wire to the monoblock?

In parallel as everyone is suggesting is a better idea. No need for the isolator anyway especially if the 4 channel is going to still be connected to the starting battery. You will still end up draining both batteries if the car is off. I had this same question before also and totally went against using the isolator.

dont use a isolator, just run your batterys in parallel, and since you already got a XS under the hood why not get XS in the back?

Moneys tight but I really am contemplating putting an XS D3400 in the trunk because the 3100 would really strain my alternator

im running two D3400s on my stock 160 amp[ alt, even if you put the D3100 it would not strain the alt.

a D1200+D3400 will support 2500w fine,

with an isolator you risk drainin your batts alot easier, just run them in parallel.

and like said above^ playin a 2500w system even on low volume with the car off is not good, if you turn the car off turn the system off.

2014 Chevy Silverado Crewcab

1994 Chevy Full Size blazer

Isolator is not what you need in this application. Save that money and add a battery to the back. DO NOT FORGET to fuse the power cable coming off of the front battery and just before the back battery. A 3100 in the back isn't going to strain your alt too much, but you probably would be fine with a 3400.

Edited by Nathan@XSPOWER

RealPower800x135_zps58408f90.jpg

Isolator is not what you need in this application. Save that money and add a battery to the back. DO NOT FORGET to fuse the power cable coming off of the front battery and just before the back battery. A 3100 in the back isn't going to strain your alt too much, but you probably would be fine with a 3400.

So you should put a fuse coming off of the front batt, then another fuse right before the batt bank and then another fuse between the batt bank to the amp?

So 3 fuses total?

Edited by brownm3

So you should put a fuse coming off of the front batt, then another fuse right before the batt bank and then another fuse between the batt bank to the amp?

So 3 fuses total?

Most people put a 300A fuse at either the front, back, or both sides but most people pick one or the other. I'll be fusing it closer to the rear battery.